Valued Contributor

Tried MUAC Fade Peel for Brown Spots!!!

I had read up on all their peels and wanted to try something mild that might still be effective for lightening dark spots. This 2 piece peel had excellent reviews and users seemed to have very little reaction to it. I did the patch test with no reaction so went ahead and did the peel on the lower half of my face where I have some hyperpigmentation. It felt far less tingly than my 10% Dr D glycolic pads even though it is 30% glycolic plus several other acids and botanicals. Rinsed it off after 5 minutes and put on a good moisturizer. I'll see what happens. Most reviews said results came after 3 times (over 3 weeks). Thought I'd use this before I got started on my venture into retin-a. Any other MUAC peel users out there?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Tried MUAC Fade Peel for Brown Spots!!!

I use the 40% lactic and the 40% glycolic peels from MUAC. I like what they do for my skin texture, but have never used them consistently enough to suggest that they've impacted my discoloration. I'm sure they would with continued (and proper) use.
Esteemed Contributor

Can I ask who is MUAC? Thanks.
Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 beaches21 said: Can I ask who is MUAC? Thanks.

Makeup Artists Choice, a web site with lots of beauty products. I did a peel on a nasty dark spot on my face. It did a great job, I did not expect only 1 treatment to take care of it so I will be doing another peel on that spot again.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'll let everyone know if I have success using this peel. momtodogs, what peel did you use? it sounds like it worked really well!

Respected Contributor

What is the name of the peel, virgosun?
Trusted Contributor

So far, I have used MUAC's Radiance Peel, Fade Peel, and 8% TCA Peel. I just ordered their 15% TCA Peel over the weekend.

I've been slowly working my way up in peel strength since January in an effort to address sun spots and acne scars.

I felt that the Radiance Peel and Fade Peel were no big deal, not scary to use at all. Only got minor flaking from them.

The first time I used the 8% TCA peel, I did one layer and experienced flaking/peeling similar to a mild sunburn. The second time I used the 8% TCA peel, I did two layers and the peeling was more noticeable, like a moderate sunburn. I also did the backs of my hands since they are getting age spots, sun spots and wrinkling (old lady hands, lol).

I've also noticed that my skin continues to improve in appearance after all the flaking/peeling is done.

I'm really pleased with the MUAC peels and wish that I had known about them before spending so much money on the 'starter' peels offered on the shopping channels. Looking back, they were such a waste of time and money.

Honored Contributor

On 7/28/2014 virgosun said:

Thanks for the replies. I'll let everyone know if I have success using this peel. momtodogs, what peel did you use? it sounds like it worked really well!

I used the 18% peel, I purchased the 2 dram vial (very small bottle) The 18% is high especially since I did not work up to the percentage, BUT I used a Qtip to apply to that dark spot and one other spot on my face, NOT my entire face. I also did my hands but they did not look as good as that one spot on my face. I am waiting for the end of summer to to my hands again and I will apply a bit heavier. There is definitely a tingle, it hurt just a bit but did go away after a few minutes. What ever you do you must do a test patch.

Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 momtodogs said:
On 7/28/2014 virgosun said:

I used the 18% peel, I purchased the 2 dram vial (very small bottle) The 18% is high especially since I did not work up to the percentage, BUT I used a Qtip to apply to that dark spot and one other spot on my face, NOT my entire face. I also did my hands but they did not look as good as that one spot on my face. I am waiting for the end of summer to to my hands again and I will apply a bit heavier. There is definitely a tingle, it hurt just a bit but did go away after a few minutes. What ever you do you must do a test patch.

Absolutely! Quite some time ago a lot of us were posting about peels. One poster purchased a fairly strong peel and did not patch test. She had a bad reaction and it took quite some time for her to heal. They are safe if tested and used correctly but testing is a MUST!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/28/2014 momtodogs said:
On 7/28/2014 beaches21 said: Can I ask who is MUAC? Thanks.

Makeup Artists Choice, a web site with lots of beauty products. I did a peel on a nasty dark spot on my face. It did a great job, I did not expect only 1 treatment to take care of it so I will be doing another peel on that spot again.

Thanks momtodogs!