Frequent Contributor

8/4 protocol---35 days in, 34 days of use---Tonight starts week 6

I am just catching up with the posts.

Ladies, thank you to all for testing the Tria timer, and that you took the time to post your results, with details.

My Tria is still mostly running just at under 2 minutes, but it varies. At times I want to add the 30 seconds in on a zone. I believe the heat level has been consistence.

I have concerns with all the issues, and to the longevity of this product, I believe in the technology, see results, and that remains the conflict for me. There has been a financial investment, and furthermore a time investment and my time has value. Add in the hope of results gone with a return.

I just read some reviews on the Q and they are at opposite ends. I understand the Q purged many of them.

Happy for those who got their replacements, and hope they will work perfectly.

Frequent Contributor
On 5/6/2014 shannara said:

Didn't start a Week 6 Tria thread last night. Since we are pretty well seasoned now and have worked through a lot of the questions and problems, should we start a new thread or just keep this one going so that most of the posts end up here instead of on so many different threads?

That is a thought, shannara, however it works out, I want to say thank you for your efforts with the Tria threads, many have been helped.

Super Contributor
On 5/6/2014 shannara said:

Didn't start a Week 6 Tria thread last night. Since we are pretty well seasoned now and have worked through a lot of the questions and problems, should we start a new thread or just keep this one going so that most of the posts end up here instead of on so many different threads?

Both options have their merits -- tough one! Personally, I think I'd prefer the weekly threads, at least until we've finished our 8/4. Fewer posts per thread to slog through. Remember what a JOB it was to get through the EDS posts? I also think that those who are beginning later than many of us have, would find it easier to isolate the feedback to address where they currently are in their progress (with the weekly threads).

I'm interested to hear the thoughts of others and will continue to be grateful for ALL the threads you've hosted. :-) They have been such a source of support and I've been learning so much from all of you.

And I want to add my thanks to saidthespidertothefly's -- and I know she speaks for us all. Thank you so very much!!

Regular Contributor

Very nice of you ladies to thank me for "hosting" the thread, but no thanks is necessary. It was Maren's idea, I just happened to get my Tria delivered a day or two sooner than others. Maren, Lyn, and others have done the lion's share of the research and everyone has contributed greatly. In fact, without her research (and excitement) I most likely would not have ordered based on the presentations.

Will wait to hear more thoughts on whether or not to start a Week 6 thread. If anyone wants to start one in the meantime, please feel free. Just can't decide which would be a better option, so let me know what you all think.

Frequent Contributor

I'm starting to getting tired of doing this. I'm only on 5 weeks of the 12 weeks and not seeing any results. I've been hiding this machine from my BF, and he has no idea I'm doing this. It's hard to keep it from him and sometimes it's well past midnight before I can use it. If I had any results at all, he would have said something, but nothing. Did we all drink the kool-aide?

Super Contributor
On 5/8/2014 LasVegas Dot said:

I'm starting to getting tired of doing this. I'm only on 5 weeks of the 12 weeks and not seeing any results. I've been hiding this machine from my BF, and he has no idea I'm doing this. It's hard to keep it from him and sometimes it's well past midnight before I can use it. If I had any results at all, he would have said something, but nothing. Did we all drink the kool-aide?

I think many (most?) of us aren't expecting any real results until the rest period. So as of YET, not drinking the Kool-Aid. Plus, I've seen too many enthusiastic reviews to think there's nothing to it -- it's more than the Tria hype. Now whether we each see results that we feel warrants this commitment is another thing. Ask me during my rest period. Smile

I can sure understand that it becomes a hassle if you're trying to keep this on the down low and have to adjust your schedule accordingly. What made me give up on the NuFace was working it into my schedule while allowing the 24 hour wait in between (complicated). Even though I was beginning to see SOME results, it was just too much of a pain. I DREADED using it toward the end.

For me, this is the easiest treatment/gadget I've ever used, but I can do it every night after I wash my face -- just adds another 10 minutes to my routine. THAT I can handle!

Good luck -- I hope you're happy with whatever decision you make! Smile

Frequent Contributor

I totally screwed up and used the TRIA for 3 weeks for only about 1 1/2 minutes total per day. I just finished up week 2 of using it properly and my skin looks like {#emotions_dlg.scared}

It is red and dry and wrinkly and every night that I use it, afterwards it feels like it really burns. I am just concerned with this dryness and redness. I sure hope it goes away because I feel like I am ruining my skin rather than improving it. I am 60 with lots of acne scars and forehead lines with milia as well as some '11' lines and lines over my lips.

Super Contributor
On 5/9/2014 bunsnpigs said:

I totally screwed up and used the TRIA for 3 weeks for only about 1 1/2 minutes total per day. I just finished up week 2 of using it properly and my skin looks like {#emotions_dlg.scared}

It is red and dry and wrinkly and every night that I use it, afterwards it feels like it really burns. I am just concerned with this dryness and redness. I sure hope it goes away because I feel like I am ruining my skin rather than improving it. I am 60 with lots of acne scars and forehead lines with milia as well as some '11' lines and lines over my lips.

Have you been reading any of the Tria threads? Redness and dryness are VERY common, and part of the process. I personally don't think it's damaging to our skin. If I felt it was, II wouldn't use it -- I don't think anybody would. But if it's of concern to you, you might just want to cease and desist. :-)

I think if you go back and read the threads, you'll realize you're not alone experiencing the "what am I doing to my face?" reaction. :-)

I'm 61 with dry skin (just became dry recently) with DEEP expression lines and many many many freckles. A few dark age spots. I don't expect this to erase those deep wrinkles, but the fine lines around my eyes have already improved noticeably. My 11's are calling for Botox, but maybe those whose expression lines are less severe, will see satisfactory improvement. We'll see. :-)

Frequent Contributor

I keep having trouble finding other threads for some reason. Maren, thank you for posting. I feel better. :-)

Contributor
Hello ladies, I have been following this from the beginning thank you for all the information. I just ended my 5th week. I started out trying to do the 7 day but I just could not do it, my face was just so bright red even the next afternoon. I think that was due to the tria serum, which I stopped using 2weeks ago. I'm doing the 5 day routine instead. I have severe scars on my cheeks, between my eyebrows and around my chin from my ex-husband who burned my face when I decided to leave him. I have had 2 laser treatments, it was the Whisper laser, before and several chemical peels before. I have large pores and rough skin because I went through sudden onset menopause when I was 34 due to cancer treatments. I honestly had very little hope on this little laser but I thought it was worth a try. I took the last 3 days off from treatment, OMG LADIES I have great RESULTS!!!!! The scar between my eyes is almost gone. The large broken capillary under my right eye is GONE! My pores have shrunk my skin looks amazing. The other day all I put on was Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and my skin looked like it was lit from within. My deep wrinkles are even looking less deep. I can't wait to see how it looks when I take the 4 weeks off.