Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 snowball said:
On 4/25/2014 baby 2 said:

Snowball, I get a little pink but I don't get red. As a matter of fact I do my treatments in the morning and then go out. Now, although I don't get red, I do feel that my face is hot. (I actually like the feeling). Does your face feel hot or at least warm when you finish?

baby 2, Yes my face feels hot while I am doing it. But by the end, I don't know if I am just used to it, but it feels less hot. I too can do it in the morning and then go out, in fact I did twice this week.

My face feels hot, some nights more so than others. I never thought of getting this done in the AM - are you both putting makeup on after?
Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 njoylife said:

I just wanted to check in. I'm just beginning Week 4. Can't say I notice any improvements yet but I really wasn't expecting to see a difference until I stop using the machine for my break. I'm doing the 8 week on 4 weeks off plan. I'm still on Level 2 and plan to do Level 3 next week. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but I know everyone else is feeling the burn so I'm just hoping this thing really works and that will be worth it to me. I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone do a microdermabrasian peel while they are using the Tria? I used to do at least 1 -2 x a week the derma peel from Skinn and since I've began doing the Tria I haven't done it because I wanted to be sure it doesn't damage anything. I've used the microdelivery face wash from Philosophy in the shower in place but the Microdelivery is quite mild to me. I thought I would check to see if you have altered any of your skin care routines while using the Tria.

Thanks in advance!

You're right to not expect the Wow! until after our 8 week assault. I just read a review here that someone sent hers back because she didn't see any change. This is after 3 weeks? All I could do was roll my eyes. She should have come over here and educated herself.

I've used my Dermappeal a couple of times but very gently and really only went at it around my nose. It was fine for me. Just tried Cure Gel this morning -- very nice and very gentle (lots of people on EDS were using this during the Tria treatment). I've also gently dry brushed with my Salux and again, no problem. But of course, that's just me. :-)

I don't have the PMD but since our skin is a little tender and flushed and attacked, it might be too much for use during the active phase. Krissie apparently thinks so, too!

Frequent Contributor

I am on week 4 like most of you. My face gets very red all over. I have rosacea but I think using this device might be helping it. The one thing I'm not too happy about is I'm developing angiomas on my face. I have them all over my body, but never had them on my face. I won't stop the device because of it, but bummed! I can go to derm and have them removed if I get too many.

I also want to address the dryness. At first not much was helping. I saw the other day, Kate Sommerville demo her products. I've seen her a hundred times, but really listened that day. I realized I was not applying her Dermal Quench properly. I was applying it like water over my face, not massaging it in. I started using it again, and really took my time massaging this into my skin. Wow! What a difference! My skin is like a baby's skin now. I even used her ExfoliKate today, in the middle of my treatments, and it didn't hurt my skin at all.

Super Contributor
On 4/26/2014 LasVegas Dot said:

I am on week 4 like most of you. My face gets very red all over. I have rosacea but I think using this device might be helping it. The one thing I'm not too happy about is I'm developing angiomas on my face. I have them all over my body, but never had them on my face. I won't stop the device because of it, but bummed! I can go to derm and have them removed if I get too many.

I also want to address the dryness. At first not much was helping. I saw the other day, Kate Sommerville demo her products. I've seen her a hundred times, but really listened that day. I realized I was not applying her Dermal Quench properly. I was applying it like water over my face, not massaging it in. I started using it again, and really took my time massaging this into my skin. Wow! What a difference! My skin is like a baby's skin now. I even used her ExfoliKate today, in the middle of my treatments, and it didn't hurt my skin at all.

Thanks for the info on the DermalQuench -- it's on my "Get Soon!" list. I'll definitely make sure to massage it in.

I swear I'm getting more red now than I was earlier in the treatment, but it's still gone in the morning (and begins abating soon after treatment). My skin still feels dry and drawn although with all the Skinn stuff I'm piling on it looks good. I'm looking forward to getting the Dermal Quench, though!

I hope this DOES help with your rosacea, and that (double hoping) that the angiomas might disappear on their own. Please let us know!

Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me (or describe to me) exactly what are festoons? I thought I knew what a festoon was but am now not so sure after reading what the ladies who have gotten them are truly describing. Though I am not using the Tria, I may try it sometime in the future and figure all these threads will be long gone by then. So best to inquire now, just in case I do give it a go, I'll be prepared for all these side effects.

My image of a festoon must be way worse than they actually are. TIA!

Super Contributor
On 4/26/2014 wackers said:

Can someone tell me (or describe to me) exactly what are festoons? I thought I knew what a festoon was but am now not so sure after reading what the ladies who have gotten them are truly describing. Though I am not using the Tria, I may try it sometime in the future and figure all these threads will be long gone by then. So best to inquire now, just in case I do give it a go, I'll be prepared for all these side effects.

My image of a festoon must be way worse than they actually are. TIA!

Hi Wackers- you can google malar festoons and there are a lot of photos. I believe they can range from just some puffiness under the eyes, along the top of the cheekbones to more severe 'bags'. I noticed some mild puffiness like this a couple of years ago on myself. Seems to come and go and I wondered if it could get worse if I ate too much salty food or something? I've been using the Tria for a few weeks and have not had any issue with this at all. I believe the laser can possibly cause some puffiness just about anywhere depending on one's skin and how its used. I got a bit puffy the first couple of times in some areas and thought I may have held it there too long.

Each time I use the laser it seems to be much easier. My redness is gone much more quickly as is the sunburn feeling. I went from dreading it the first several times to not minding it at all now. I also have fair somewhat sensitive skin that seemed to get irritated by every 'anti aging' cream out there and this has been so much better so far!

Trusted Contributor
On 4/25/2014 krissie622 said:

Snowball, I get a little pink but I don't get red. As a matter of fact I do my treatments in the morning and then go out. Now, although I don't get red, I do feel that my face is hot. (I actually like the feeling). Does your face feel hot or at least warm when you finish?

baby 2, Yes my face feels hot while I am doing it. But by the end, I don't know if I am just used to it, but it feels less hot. I too can do it in the morning and then go out, in fact I did twice this week.

My face feels hot, some nights more so than others. I never thought of getting this done in the AM - are you both putting makeup on after?

After I use it in the morning, I put on my normal skincare and then my makeup. I look fine!!!!

Trusted Contributor
On 4/25/2014 krissie622 said:

I would contact Tria's CS and ask if they recommend applying makeup after a treatment. The laser penetrates 450 microns deep, which =0.45 mm. Based on what I've read about needling, the channels probably close within 10-15 minutes, however I wouldn't apply sunscreen or make-up after my Tria treatment, because I wouldn't want those products to get into the channels left behind.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

lyn, why wouldn't you put make-up on after the tria??? I always trust your judgment. Oh I just saw the last part of your post!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Finished with week three and starting week four tomorrow. YEAH! I was out last night with a very new friend. She leaned over to me and said, "your skin is so smooth and beautiful" - she went on to tell me that I have no wrinkles. Wow, she blew me away with her comments as I feel like my skin is a bit rough right now with redness and dryness the laser produces. My skin does continue to look tighter - I'm excited to see what this will look like at the end of the eight weeks and beyond. Now that I have seen pictures of festoons (never knew what that area was called), I can say mine have improved quite a bit. To encourage any older ladies that this will work on your skin - I am 70. Tria has only used 40 - 50ish women for their examples, but I am here to say that it DOES work on older skin. I'm more than thrilled with the results and I'm confident there are even better results to come.

BTW, the woman complimenting me on my skin was probably in her late 30's and she said she thought my age to be mid to late 50's. Needless to say, she made my day.