Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 lyn in MI said:
On 4/24/2014 MarenSeattle said:

For those whose device is becoming hotter --

Is it REALLY noticeable like "Yeowch! That's burning up!" or more like "Is this thing getting hotter or is it just the most sensitive zone on my face?".

I really can't tell if mine is which would indicate it's not, but I've become more red the past couple of days so am just wondering.

TIA

PS: Is everybody keeping the little laser window clean? Don't forget!

Maren - The difference between Zone 1 and Zone 4 is very noticeable . That is the reason I began rotating my treatment areas. I can barely feel anything when I start using it and by the time I'm treating the last zone, it is HOT.

Hmmm....Okay. No way is mine that extreme. As suggested, maybe a call to Tria IS in order? I don't recall seeing comments on this, but there may have been. Hope it's not a wide-spread problem that they haven't addressed. If you do get a replacement, it would be interesting to see how the new one compares.

Did it do that when you first started using it, or did it begin happing as time went on?

Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 MidNight said:

Good to hear your spider veins are fading to jmachere2!....Gives me some hope!...My face is so so red tonight and my veins look so much worse..Kinda scary..hope most of the redness subsides by morning.

Maren how did you like the Cure Gel?

I decided to wait until today to try it, MidNight. I'll definitely let you know.

How was your redness this morning?

Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 bljed said:

I've been using my Tria without any issues other than the initial defective charger. I just noticed that qvc took away a lot of reviews for the product and it has 'less stars' than it did initially.

Sorry to hear that some are having issues with the laser itself. Mine seems to hold the same temp throughout the process.

Interesting about the reviews. I noticed on Sephora and The Shopping Channel, the great majority of low reviews were because of the charger problems, not the treatment or results. They really shouldn't have sent ANY out with the "bendy" plug, IMO. I'm going to go look! :-)

Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 Butterfly said:

Sent mine back this morning, I have been using it since the TSV. It really made my mild Rosacea much worse.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I have had Fraxil Laser treatments before in a Dr. office (yes, they are costly) but this constant, every day redness was not worth it for me.

I am glad to see that others are getting good results, sadly it does not work well for me.

butterfly

Too bad! And sorry it made your rosacea worse! I know those of you who deal with it have a cross to bear, I can imagine seeing it worsen before your eyes is disheartening. Hope it's back to normal for you soon!

Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 baby 2 said:
On 4/25/2014 snowball said:
On 4/25/2014 baby 2 said:

Snowball, I get a little pink but I don't get red. As a matter of fact I do my treatments in the morning and then go out. Now, although I don't get red, I do feel that my face is hot. (I actually like the feeling). Does your face feel hot or at least warm when you finish?

baby 2, Yes my face feels hot while I am doing it. But by the end, I don't know if I am just used to it, but it feels less hot. I too can do it in the morning and then go out, in fact I did twice this week.

I just finished a treatment and I noticed that although my cheeks are a little pink and still feel warm, my hands and forearms (I just started doing my forearms) are not the least bit pink nor are they warm. As a matter of fact they look and feel exactly the way they did before the treatment. So, I guess my face is a little more sensitive than my hands and arms. maybe your face is not the least bit sensitive (like my hands and arms).

Besides seeing improvements on my face (that I mentioned in a previous post), My hands are also looking better - lightened freckles and diminished lines. They also feel nice and smooth.

Cool! I know that the head (so I'm assuming the face by extension) is very vascular, so maybe that's why be become more red there than other areas. I've only done my hands a couple of times and I agree -- no redness, no ouch.

Valued Contributor

Goodmorning ladies!

Well Maren, sides of my nose and threw my cheek area are red but not as bad as last night..It does look to me that i have more spider veins..I put coconut oil on my face last night and this morning hoping that helps...I got what i think might be herpes on my lip yesterday and have been putting the oil on it and boy does it help..Its not sore and starting to get smaller and go away.That oil is amazing!

I am getting ready to make another appt with the derm today...Just have to go and do the drive...I really hope she tells me i can keep using this.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 MidNight said:

Goodmorning ladies!

Well Maren, sides of my nose and threw my cheek area are red but not as bad as last night..It does look to me that i have more spider veins..I put coconut oil on my face last night and this morning hoping that helps...I got what i think might be herpes on my lip yesterday and have been putting the oil on it and boy does it help..Its not sore and starting to get smaller and go away.That oil is amazing!

I am getting ready to make another appt with the derm today...Just have to go and do the drive...I really hope she tells me i can keep using this.

Hi, MidNight -- I hope you get the go-ahead from your derm. If she's a laser fan/provider, she just might. Let us know!!

I tried the Cure this morning and I like it! I still have the sandpapery areas, but they're a bit softer, and the rest of my face was pretty amazing. I was thinking that it's probably a good thing it didn't remove ALL the sandpaper because it's probably a pretty thick layer of skin as opposed to just something on the surface. Maybe I should say "leathery" rather than sandpapery. Anyway, I'm very pleased and will be ordering the Big Girl size.

Valued Contributor

Glad the Cure Gel worked for you!

Contributor

I just wanted to check in. I'm just beginning Week 4. Can't say I notice any improvements yet but I really wasn't expecting to see a difference until I stop using the machine for my break. I'm doing the 8 week on 4 weeks off plan. I'm still on Level 2 and plan to do Level 3 next week. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but I know everyone else is feeling the burn so I'm just hoping this thing really works and that will be worth it to me. I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone do a microdermabrasian peel while they are using the Tria? I used to do at least 1 -2 x a week the derma peel from Skinn and since I've began doing the Tria I haven't done it because I wanted to be sure it doesn't damage anything. I've used the microdelivery face wash from Philosophy in the shower in place but the Microdelivery is quite mild to me. I thought I would check to see if you have altered any of your skin care routines while using the Tria.

Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor
On 4/25/2014 njoylife said:

I just wanted to check in. I'm just beginning Week 4. Can't say I notice any improvements yet but I really wasn't expecting to see a difference until I stop using the machine for my break. I'm doing the 8 week on 4 weeks off plan. I'm still on Level 2 and plan to do Level 3 next week. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but I know everyone else is feeling the burn so I'm just hoping this thing really works and that will be worth it to me. I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone do a microdermabrasian peel while they are using the Tria? I used to do at least 1 -2 x a week the derma peel from Skinn and since I've began doing the Tria I haven't done it because I wanted to be sure it doesn't damage anything. I've used the microdelivery face wash from Philosophy in the shower in place but the Microdelivery is quite mild to me. I thought I would check to see if you have altered any of your skin care routines while using the Tria.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Njoylife, glad to hear you are sticking with it. I think you will find L3 will not be as bad as you expect. To answer your question about the microdermabrasion, I have the PMD, but haven't used it since starting the Tria. I also have the Philosophy peel, the 2 part one that starts with the scrub and smells like orange juice. I used it about a week or so ago - scrubbed really well and then left it on with the gel while I showered. BIG mistake. My face was red, sore and burning for 3 days. Since then I have backed off all things harsh, except retin a ( if I stop I will have to go through the peeling all over again), and I guess I'm going to have to try the Cure. It's against my nature, but I think less may be more while doing the Tria. I keep telling my self to be gentle and let my skin heal. Looking forward to the rest of the responses.