Trusted Contributor
On 4/24/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 4/24/2014 snowball said:
On 4/24/2014 MidNight said:

Lyn i called Tria CS about our units getting hotter/ stronger and they said i need to replace it..Now they were gonna have me send the old one back and when they received it THEN they would send a new one out...I said NO WAY was that acceptable that they needed to send me a new one first then i would send the old one back.She asked someone if they could do that and they said yes..So i have a new one coming and a label to send the older one back..For anyone else that will call Maryann said to ask for her and let them know you want the new one first before you send the old one back.

Snowball i wonder if your unit has a problem?.

MidNight, I too thought that maybe something could be wrong with my unit but as lyn stated above, 5% of the participants in the Tria trial did not experience redness. So I am thinking that I may be one of those people. Is everyone here still getting very red when using it??

Like Lyn, I actually got MORE red a few nights back! I'll be monitoring, but it's so hard to know what's normal and what isn't since reactions have been across the board.

I thought that was interesting about the 5% (Lyn unearths the most informative info!). And since you dove right into L3 at the outset, I'm thinking you're one of those people. I've said your skin seems to be bulletproof!!

LOL Maren! I am just wondering why I have no redness!! Maybe you are right, my skin may be bulletproof!!! I am going to watch carefully tonight and see if any redness appears.

lyn, my Phyto Contour eye cream came today. Can not wait to try it. I don't know when to do the eye mask, tonight or tomorrow morning???? DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!!!

Super Contributor

For those whose device is becoming hotter --

Is it REALLY noticeable like "Yeowch! That's burning up!" or more like "Is this thing getting hotter or is it just the most sensitive zone on my face?".

I really can't tell if mine is which would indicate it's not, but I've become more red the past couple of days so am just wondering.

TIA

PS: Is everybody keeping the little laser window clean? Don't forget!

Valued Contributor

Snowball i guess it could be as Maren said... your skin is bulletproof.So you definitly feel the laser like pin pr*cks?...If so i would not worry!

Maren when i first start zone 1 its not hot at all and i barley feel the laser,then zone 2 i feel a little more and from there it gets pretty hot.I actually thought last night mine beeped on zone 1 well before the 2.5 min. was up.So that's something else i noticed that i did not mention to Tria CS..Tonight i am gonna time it.

Maren you know i thought my face was much hotter and burning longer because of using the Cure Gel so much but it might just be the laser being hotter...hmm

Super Contributor
Snowball, you are lucky to not get red. I turn red so easily it's embarrassing, like just doing sports or cleaning even. Midnight - I started the Palovia again on my jowl tonight after the Tria. I did this for the first week and a half with no bad results, so for me I guess that area isn't as sensitive. Also, I paid attention tonight and my Tria did not get hotter. Maren - you live in the right place to avoid the sun. Not sure how you do it. I live in CO, 300+ sunny days a year, and if we have more than 2 overcast days in a row I really notice it in my mood. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I'm on my ipad and don't know how to make it do paragraphs.
Super Contributor
On 4/23/2014 krissie622 said:
On 4/23/2014 MarenSeattle said:

<b>Question for those treating neck, hands, etc.:</b>

Do you do your entire face 10 minute treatment then turn on the device and begin a second session on the additional areas, or do you spend less time on your face and incorporate the other areas into the 10 minutes allotted?

TIA!

Yes, I do 10 minutes on my face, wait till it turns off and then split the next 10 between neck and chest. I was doing my hands and arms, but stopped, because honestly I will be in the sun and know I won't protect them enough. Will start on them in the fall.

I was wondering if laser helps LIFT and maybe helps jowls. Apparently there is some "laser facelift" that works in the same manner as the Tria (but of course WAY stronger). The Before and Afters are pretty impressive so I do want to at least incorporate my neck into the routine. I bought a high zinc sunscreen for use as a hand cream, but keep forgetting to use it. I think you're wise to wait until after summer to work on your arms and hands. :-)

Maren, you're psychic. Smiley Wink I'm specifically concentrating on my jowls and the little turkey pouch under my chin. I was using the Palovia there, but put that on hold while I do the Tria. I have read reviews that said ladies were getting results with the Palovia and Tria there, so I have high hopes, and nothing but time.

Krissie - check this out: (From a post on EDS dated April 10)

I'm on week 4 (level 3 now). I've also noticed the redness goes away quickly and the biting while doing the treatment is more tolerable with each use. One thing I have noticed, is that my slight 'jowls' have firmed up a bit. They don't look as noticeable. I image that might be the collagen formation??

Super Contributor
On 4/24/2014 MidNight said:

Snowball i guess it could be as Maren said... your skin is bulletproof.So you definitly feel the laser like pin pr*cks?...If so i would not worry!

Maren when i first start zone 1 its not hot at all and i barley feel the laser,then zone 2 i feel a little more and from there it gets pretty hot.I actually thought last night mine beeped on zone 1 well before the 2.5 min. was up.So that's something else i noticed that i did not mention to Tria CS..Tonight i am gonna time it.

Maren you know i thought my face was much hotter and burning longer because of using the Cure Gel so much but it might just be the laser being hotter...hmm

Well my Cure samples finally arrived (happy dance) and I'm going to use it AFTER the Tria tonight, I think. Or do you think I should swap the order? It's getting toward Tria time and I don't want to forego that, and I definitely don't want to wait until tomorrow to try the Cure. Advice?

ETA I decided to wait until tomorrow for the Cure. Just did my Tria and frankly just want to slap on my serums and creams and fall into bed. I'm VERY excited to try it in the morning!

Super Contributor
On 4/24/2014 MarenSeattle said:

<b>Question for those treating neck, hands, etc.:</b>

Do you do your entire face 10 minute treatment then turn on the device and begin a second session on the additional areas, or do you spend less time on your face and incorporate the other areas into the 10 minutes allotted?

TIA!

Yes, I do 10 minutes on my face, wait till it turns off and then split the next 10 between neck and chest. I was doing my hands and arms, but stopped, because honestly I will be in the sun and know I won't protect them enough. Will start on them in the fall.

I was wondering if laser helps LIFT and maybe helps jowls. Apparently there is some "laser facelift" that works in the same manner as the Tria (but of course WAY stronger). The Before and Afters are pretty impressive so I do want to at least incorporate my neck into the routine. I bought a high zinc sunscreen for use as a hand cream, but keep forgetting to use it. I think you're wise to wait until after summer to work on your arms and hands. :-)

Maren, you're psychic. Smiley Wink I'm specifically concentrating on my jowls and the little turkey pouch under my chin. I was using the Palovia there, but put that on hold while I do the Tria. I have read reviews that said ladies were getting results with the Palovia and Tria there, so I have high hopes, and nothing but time.

Krissie - check this out: (From a post on EDS dated April 10)

I'm on week 4 (level 3 now). I've also noticed the redness goes away quickly and the biting while doing the treatment is more tolerable with each use. One thing I have noticed, is that my slight 'jowls' have firmed up a bit. They don't look as noticeable. I image that might be the collagen formation??

The price will be worth it for the jowls alone! I actually do think I am noticing a slight improvement. Looking forward to hearing what results everyone else notices.
Occasional Contributor

Hi fellow Tria users! Glad to hear everyone's treatments are going well. I'm at Week 6 and seeing improvement -- especially in skin smoothness. I also noticed the broken capillaries on my left cheek are diminishing. My husband didn't see me for two weeks and immediately commented on how great my skin looked. When I asked him what looked different, he said it looked very smooth. So either the Tria is working or my husband is a very smart man (actually I think it's both).

I continue to be very red after every treatment and it diminishes some by the morning but to me the redness is apparent (I cover with concealer and foundation). I'm very fair so the redness doesn't surprise me. I'm using Isomers Copper P and H Pur, followed by Aloe Vera. Maybe I should try ice immediately after the treatment. I've had very little dryness, just a little between my eyes and a few flakes here and there, but I have oily skin. In fact I was hoping it would reduce my oil production but it hasn't had an impact. The sandpaper feel comes and goes. I’ve only used an exfoliator once in the six weeks and rub a dry washcloth on my skin from time to time. I keep meaning to order the Cure gel but haven’t done so.

My unit doesn't get hotter as I progress through my treatment. I noticed my right cheek was always redder than anywhere else (I'm right handed and always started on my right cheek) so I switched up the order I do each zone and that has helped some but I'm wondering if I press harder when I hold it on my right cheek. For me it hurts less as the treatment progresses -- the initial few passes seem to hurt the most.

Because of the continued redness, I'm on the 12-week protocol to give my skin a rest every week. The two days off significantly reduce the redness. So far I'm happy with the results and think this is a keeper. I too find it very easy and have stuck with it much better than the other skin gadgets I've bought.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your results. I always learn so much from you.

Super Contributor
On 4/24/2014 jmachere2 said:

Hi fellow Tria users! Glad to hear everyone's treatments are going well. I'm at Week 6 and seeing improvement -- especially in skin smoothness. I also noticed the broken capillaries on my left cheek are diminishing. My husband didn't see me for two weeks and immediately commented on how great my skin looked. When I asked him what looked different, he said it looked very smooth. So either the Tria is working or my husband is a very smart man (actually I think it's both).

I continue to be very red after every treatment and it diminishes some by the morning but to me the redness is apparent (I cover with concealer and foundation). I'm very fair so the redness doesn't surprise me. I'm using Isomers Copper P and H Pur, followed by Aloe Vera. Maybe I should try ice immediately after the treatment. I've had very little dryness, just a little between my eyes and a few flakes here and there, but I have oily skin. In fact I was hoping it would reduce my oil production but it hasn't had an impact. The sandpaper feel comes and goes. I’ve only used an exfoliator once in the six weeks and rub a dry washcloth on my skin from time to time. I keep meaning to order the Cure gel but haven’t done so.

My unit doesn't get hotter as I progress through my treatment. I noticed my right cheek was always redder than anywhere else (I'm right handed and always started on my right cheek) so I switched up the order I do each zone and that has helped some but I'm wondering if I press harder when I hold it on my right cheek. For me it hurts less as the treatment progresses -- the initial few passes seem to hurt the most.

Because of the continued redness, I'm on the 12-week protocol to give my skin a rest every week. The two days off significantly reduce the redness. So far I'm happy with the results and think this is a keeper. I too find it very easy and have stuck with it much better than the other skin gadgets I've bought.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your results. I always learn so much from you.

Thank YOU so much, jmachere2! There are quite a few who will be VERY happy to hear about your broken caps dimishing! Happy to know that I'm not the only one still getting red, and that it may continue to 6 weeks and beyond. Please continue to check in and give us a glimpse of what may be in store around the corner. SO nice your husband noticed!!

Valued Contributor

Good to hear your spider veins are fading to jmachere2!....Gives me some hope!...My face is so so red tonight and my veins look so much worse..Kinda scary..hope most of the redness subsides by morning.

Maren how did you like the Cure Gel?