Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toxic Ingredients/Natural Makeup

I'm not sure that I would have thought about my makeup but some skin care items bother me including a lot of fragrances in skin care. But I'm also prone to eczema -- not much but it's always the same spots that itch.

I just looked at a pretty blush that I bought recently, it's a mosaic blush by Essence and I am not happy that it contains carmine which I would have known had I bothered to read the back label with reading glasses. At least I've tossed it out now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lexiee wrote:

Hi!  I do!!!  Your skin is the largest organ in our bodies, so what we put on our skin ends up in our bodies!  So I'm very careful about what I use.  I don't really use makeup but if I do I use Josie Maran products since they are aragan oil based & vegan, and I use Thrive Cosmetics products....they are awesome...all natural & vegan too!  Yay!  Check those out!  XOXOXOXOXO 

Totally agree!! Vegan small amount of makeup I owned (highend) gifted. My skin has never looked better! Best investment plant based lifestyle. Yes, Skin is the largest organ. Researching vegan, gluton free- cruelty free brands no scent or talc, pleased to report the list is growing supply and demand.🙋

Honored Contributor

Just had an epiphany.   I returned from a four day trip in the mountains that included daily hiking.  When I left I forgot the bag that held makeup (vegan/clean), rollers, hair dryer.  So for the few days in the forest with a group of friends I was "bare faced".  Surprised I never gave it a nano second of thought and my sweetheart thought I looked great.  I used my Shea Moisture shampoo and combed out my hair and was ready to go.  Nope, I didn't look like Sheena of the jungle...just healthy and somewhat younger!  I contribute this to a vegan whole plant based diet, sleep, exercise, stress management, and life style as well as the lack of makeup.  I never thought of giving up makeup completely.  Now that I'm home, I've continued with the bare face and loving it!!

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd That is great. You have the time back that you spent on applying your makeup and saving money as well. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@lexiee wrote:

Hi!  I do!!!  Your skin is the largest organ in our bodies, so what we put on our skin ends up in our bodies!  So I'm very careful about what I use.  I don't really use makeup but if I do I use Josie Maran products since they are aragan oil based & vegan, and I use Thrive Cosmetics products....they are awesome...all natural & vegan too!  Yay!  Check those out!  XOXOXOXOXO 

Totally agree!! Vegan small amount of makeup I owned (highend) gifted. My skin has never looked better! Best investment plant based lifestyle. Yes, Skin is the largest organ. Researching vegan, gluton free- cruelty free brands no scent or talc, pleased to report the list is growing supply and demand.🙋

@Sweet_Serenityand @lexiee, our skin is our barrier. Rarely can anything get through it that isn't supposed to get through it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Just had an epiphany.   I returned from a four day trip in the mountains that included daily hiking.  When I left I forgot the bag that held makeup (vegan/clean), rollers, hair dryer.  So for the few days in the forest with a group of friends I was "bare faced".  Surprised I never gave it a nano second of thought and my sweetheart thought I looked great.  I used my Shea Moisture shampoo and combed out my hair and was ready to go.  Nope, I didn't look like Sheena of the jungle...just healthy and somewhat younger!  I contribute this to a vegan whole plant based diet, sleep, exercise, stress management, and life style as well as the lack of makeup.  I never thought of giving up makeup completely.  Now that I'm home, I've continued with the bare face and loving it!!

My kind of trip!! Glad you had a wonderful time. By the way! Recall Isaac's Railroad jean jacket, Came yesterday, Size 6 problem to large at the same time other IM crop jean jacket arrived size 6 fits perfectly!! Length and body proportions on point. Shopping for smaller size new experience. Welcome back home.🙋