Valued Contributor

I've had my eye on all 3 of their Chocolate Bar palettes, and I have money to spend from a Christmas bonus. However, I hesitate because I am in my 60's and wonder if I would look ridiculous in them. I sure do like the colors though, and I think they would work for me. Are you a mature woman who has tried Two Faced eyeshadow palettes? What do you think? Thanks for your input. 

Contributor

You don't need all three but you can wear them. I have been an artist with Chanel for years and woman can wear shimmer! In fact placed correctly they can bring the eyes forward. As we age (I am 58) our eyes sink back but shimmer on the lid or just a pop in the center gives the illusion of a fuller eye. Keep the matte shadows in the crease and you will be lovely! I own the Semi Sweet and I think the peach is pretty as well.

Valued Contributor

@tkaste wrote:

You don't need all three but you can wear them. I have been an artist with Chanel for years and woman can wear shimmer! In fact placed correctly they can bring the eyes forward. As we age (I am 58) our eyes sink back but shimmer on the lid or just a pop in the center gives the illusion of a fuller eye. Keep the matte shadows in the crease and you will be lovely! I own the Semi Sweet and I think the peach is pretty as well.

Thanks! I had heard mature ladies should absolutely not wear shimmer highlighter shadows on their brow bone because it emphasises crepiness. I do look better with a matte highlighter, but I do like the look of a wash of shimmer on my lids. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Too Old For Too Faced?

[ Edited ]

I have deep-set eyes.............and have been  using a dot of very light shimmer directly over the center of my eyeball for the past 40 years..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

I've had my eye on all 3 of their Chocolate Bar palettes, and I have money to spend from a Christmas bonus. However, I hesitate because I am in my 60's and wonder if I would look ridiculous in them. I sure do like the colors though, and I think they would work for me. Are you a mature woman who has tried Two Faced eyeshadow palettes? What do you think? Thanks for your input. 

I love Too Faced because it does work great on both, younger and older women. Most of their shadows have very high color pay-off, and you can choose the intensity to be lighter or stronger.

I had the same concerns as you are having, @grammarqueen, so for safety reasons, I first purchased matte colors only palette - "Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral Shadow Collection". It's a perfect size too, on the vanity and in any purse. I liked it a lot, but   was missing just a touch of shimmer on top of my eye lid with matte only. So I'd add some of it from another brand.

I still really-really wanted the Chocolate Palette, so I got it, and can tell you - there are many matte colors in this palette, and those that shimmer are super nice colors, you can place them so, that it will benefit your eyes!

I also, love palette boxes themselves - they are so pretty, and feminine, they have nice weight to them, and close nicely.

I also, would recommend buying Too Faced Anti-Crease Shadow Insurance Primer. It helps! 

Now I am eye-balling a THIRD Too Faced Palette I want .....: Must get it! womanhappy:

Valued Contributor

I thought the same as you and was hesitant to try Too Faced. I bought the Semi-Sweet and the mini chocolate chip (all matte) and love both. I think some of the colors look really bright in the palette, but different on my eyes. I've always worn simmer because I like it, but deep down I worry that I might embarrass my kids. I don't want a clown face. Lol Just remember Too Faced shadows are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Experiment with it and see if YOU like it. You can always return it if you don't like it. 

Valued Contributor

@tkaste wrote:

Thank you for sharing your expertise with us. I tried it and it works! Speaking of Chanel, I bought my first Chanel mascara and it's my favorite. Well worth every dollar. Makes my lashes longer, fuller, almost like false lashes. 

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen - I just tried my first ever Too Faced product this summer - the peach palette. I love it! DD gave me the matching blush and lip color for Christmas. I'm wearing the blush all of the time. (I love peaches!). And for the advice @tkaste gave us all, I too have been wearing soft shimmer on my eyelids for a while, but never anywhere else! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Too Old For Too Faced?

[ Edited ]

I don't think it matters who you purchase the shadows from as much as how you apply the product.  IMO when you are in your 60's (so am I) apply lightly and I am sure you will look fine.  Plus, what is their return policy?  Most cosmetic cos. will take back no questions asked.   I can think of two cosmetic cos. that will take returns -- Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

An "older" more "mature" woman is NOT too old for Too Faced. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"