Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 suzyQ3 said:

The two biggest triggers for someone who is very vulnerable to suggestion are to watch presentations and -- hate to say this -- to read this board.

and

Honored Contributor

The two biggest triggers for someone who is very vulnerable to suggestion are to watch presentations and -- hate to say this -- to read this board.

So very true.

Just say NO!

Respected Contributor

In the past I would buy too many products and brands. I currently mostly just buy when I am going to run out of something and need to replenish. You can definitely be using too many products/brands that may not really be helping to improve your skin after a while. It is better to find a line that works for you or just buy a few products that you really like and seem to work. It is tempting to try new products but I try to avoid this unless I have read good reviews about a particular product and it is offered at a tsv price or other good offer.

Esteemed Contributor

Some may still find my beauty purchases staggering and excessive, but compared to previous habits 2014 was a real cut back year for me. I plan on continuing and improving going forward.

The biggest lure for me is new stuff. I'm becoming adept at taking note of new products and walking away after a little look and touch. If the product is still on my mind weeks later, and I'm hearing good things, then I put it on my wish list of items to consider next time I'm buying a product of the type. I'm also trying to cut back on impulse buying and ask for a sample to use at home before rushing to buy full size. It's not infrequent that once I use the sample the hot new thing is no better, and often worse, than what I'm already pleased with.

Hopefully, the payoff for me will be a nice end of year visit to my brother who moved to the UK this month.

Respected Contributor
It is so easy to get caught in the cycle. I was doing great for awhile and then it went downhill. Now I am back to being buried in products. But, after throwing so much out the last few years, I am determined to use these products one way or another or, at the very least, have the least waste as possible. I just deleted a lot of emails from the last few months and it was eye opening. Let's just say, I have been busy. So, no more purchases for me until some of these bottles are gone. It really does get a bit crazy.
Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 BellaCarro said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared} and {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I agree. With the Skinn and isomers, I did not watch any presentations because I knew I would be talked into something. I didn't even go to the threads much. The enthusiasm is addicting. I did end up ordering one thing because I am trying to address an issue, but, it would of been three times as worse had I participated and watched.
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 aprilskies said:
On 1/27/2015 BellaCarro said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared} and {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I agree. With the Skinn and isomers, I did not watch any presentations because I knew I would be talked into something. I didn't even go to the threads much. The enthusiasm is addicting. I did end up ordering one thing because I am trying to address an issue, but, it would of been three times as worse had I participated and watched.

Oh, I know. It seems almost cult-ish at times.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Another choir sister here. Aprilskies, the same thing happened to me. I had gone for a little over a year, just using up what I had. Then, 2 or 3 new giant kits put me back to where I started!

Super Contributor

I pared down this year:

-Morning:

1) Cleanse with Dove Bar for sensitive skin in shower.

2) Avalon Organics Vitamin C serum or Neutrogena AHA/BHA Pore Refining Toner (alternate mornings)

3) Olay CC Cream with spf

-Night:

1) Eclos Daily Facial Cleansing Oil

2) Renova (2%-low strength) or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream "NIGHT formula" (alternate evenings)

My skin has never looked better! After close to 4 weeks, my skin glows! I think I was overdoing it with too many products before. And, I'm saving money now. Can't beat it!

Honored Contributor

Add me to the list. I don't buy much at all in the way of color cosmetic, but I had been overbuying skincare. I've been on a regimen to use up what I've already paid for before I buy new, but it's discouraging how long that takes when you've accumulated so much.

I'm seeing the end, but that end for some iknds of things is still far in the future. For me, that means no kits at all - that's really how I got in trouble. I'm buying just the kinds of items I have no back-up for. It's okay because I'm trying out drugstore versions of things and finding some I like. All in all, I'm spending less money - and I'm spending less time watching the shows, too.