Honored Contributor

This is a nice T.S.  I have the blush and brow product.  I like both. I think I need a lip color with more color--this is too light for me.  I wish it had a different blush as I have that.  I can always use another brow product. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

That is an excellent price but I don't need/want an eyebrow product. I REALLY like the lipstick- pretty color.

I really like the lipstick too and it's exlusive to HSN.  I'm sure if I looked I probably have something similar.  LOL

I don't need or want the brow product either.  I use a brow product but I like pencils.  I've never been a fan of any of the gels, powders or wand applicator type brow products. 

I can't really tell what color the blush is.  I've not seen a live presentation but in the still shot, it looks very much like a blush I have from them called Teddy Berry.  But then when I watch the demo on my computer, it looks different.  

Trusted Contributor

Watching the presentation and they're about to reel me in.  I don't like the way the mascara looks on the models, but I think they're using a very heavy hand.  The blush and lipstick are lovely and I wouldn't mind trying the brow product.

Esteemed Contributor

MrsCat21 wrote:

CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am not purchasing it, as I really only want to try the Brow Gel......I can purchase that separately, I do love and have the mascara-it is phenomenal. The lippies are very nice as well.........

@CANDLEQUEEN have you used the Brow Gel before?  I am looking for a new one to try.  I need it more to cover gray than to fill in my brows...  Will it work for that???

MrsCat, the Too Faced brow product is a cream. The texture, application and performance are very similar to similar brow products available from Tarte and Anastasia.  Not that this matters, but they are all probably formulated by the same scientist and made in the same cosmetic factory with different labels slapped on the jars.  I like this type of brow product, and for a long time Tarte's was the only one of this type I knew of, so that's the one I became addicted to.  The Too Faced is fine, but my last purchase was the Anastasia because she offers more shades than the other two brands and can get a brown which is closer to my hair color.  For your purpose of covering gray, any of the three will cover a few gray hairs, but if your brow is completely gray they cannot paint them to another shade.  You will be disappointed if that is the goal.   

The HSN is a good buy, but I'm taking a pass.  Other than the exclusive color lip cream, I've seen and tested each of the products.  The blush is a little shiney and much too pale for my caramel brown complexion; I don't think the lip cream shade would do anything for me; the makeup brush is fabulous; the brow product as previously mentioned nice; but I really don't like the mascara at all.  My perception is it's a tad clumpy and sticky feeling even with only one coat.    

Respected Contributor

Re: Too Faced TSV on HSN?

[ Edited ]

I really like Too Faced and some of my favorite eye products are from that line. This kit however, I didn't buy it. For one thing, it seemed a bit pricey when you are getting a lipstick, a mascara and an eyebrow gel and a blush. The blush is shimmery. I read reviews of it here and there and it's shimmery. I just don't do shimmery blush. I don't think it suits an older woman. The brow gel is reputed to dry out after a while--and I prefer the brow envy kit I have--two powders, taupe and brunette, a wax and a browbone highligher. I can blend the two brow colors and get a very good look--I don't like too dark brow makeup as it's harsh on light skin. Even though my hair is quite dark.

So I skipped it, but I do like this line a lot. The best thing I ever got from them is a palette called "Vegas Nay" after a blogger.  The colors are unusual--everything from pale pinks to gold to neutral browns to a black and a purple. That doesn't sound good, but the instruction cards are so good, I get a very nice day or evening look with great ease. And I love their bronzers. 

I did like the lip color and I have two others of the same formula. They are so creamy. But I have a few lipsticks in this kind of dusty pink. It IS a good color for many people however. It's a color that won't age you and makes your lips look fuller. A book I have on not looking "old" says to wear pink lipstick. This color is one that really brightens your face. But...I'm still not caving. No. I'm not!

Esteemed Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I really like Too Faced and some of my favorite eye products are from that line. This kit however, I didn't buy it. For one thing, it seemed a bit pricey when you are getting a lipstick, a mascara and an eyebrow gel and a blush. The blush is shimmery. I read reviews of it here and there and it's shimmery. I just don't do shimmery blush. I don't think it suits an older woman. The brow gel is reputed to dry out after a while--and I prefer the brow envy kit I have--two powders, taupe and brunette, a wax and a browbone highligher. I can blend the two brow colors and get a very good look--I don't like too dark brow makeup as it's harsh on light skin. Even though my hair is quite dark.

So I skipped it, but I do like this line a lot. The best thing I ever got from them is a palette called "Vegas Nay" after a blogger.  The colors are unusual--everything from pale pinks to gold to neutral browns to a black and a purple. That doesn't sound good, but the instruction cards are so good, I get a very nice day or evening look with great ease. And I love their bronzers. 

I'm an older woman age 62 without face wrinkles and I can't wait to get that blush.  I've always said age doesn't matter when it comes ot makeup.  It's all in how you apply it.  I even use the Becca Illuminators on my face and it looks fabulous.  If you know how to apply the makeup properly, age shouldn't play a part in makeup at all.  For what you're getting in this kit with full size products, 49 dollars, and free shipping is a great deal.  

Respected Contributor

I have some of the Becca and it looks fine--but this is a lighter blush and it just didn't quite sit with me. It's pretty--I'll give you that. I was wavering. But my favorite blush is always a more plummy or dusty rose and I'm so happy with a Bare Minerals blush. I love the IT disk but the blush is a bit more peachy than I like. But I do wear it a lot. Mostly, I wear BE blush and if I wear a bronzer, it's Too Faced. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love blushes and I know that quality formulas are very  expensive so I would say I usually always go back to my favorite pink, a soft pink in Dior which is not quite the shade as in this kit I saw earlier today. This is a very pretty shade...I really like it.

I like this blush and absolutely do not 'think' glittery in any way. The lip stick is a new shade and not out in the -wherever- one shops, yet.  Much too light for me, though...I wear a deep pink /red or close to that shade in Chanel.

I do wear mascara when out on a special occasion but definitely wear more on the bottom lashes, so that would be something I would buy. I thought the demos of one model had too much on.

QUESTION: Has anyone worn [Too Faced mascara] and found it easily removable?  Hopefully, not anything like Benefit's- which I do not like. Do not like hard gooey mascara that is drying. 

Do not have much use for the brow but can give to a friend with the lipstick; brunette may be too dark..I have no idea? The taupe appears too light. (??)

So in the end, it's the blush and brush+ mascara. Mainly, it saves me a trip across town to shop./Limited time.

Too Faced is a _close_ top of the line. This is a nice price for anyone that wanted to try these products. Thank you in advance..............

NAES

Respected Contributor

I wear that mascara a lot and have no problems. It's very comfortable to wear. I do remove my makeup with cleansing oil (like DHC) and that takes it off well. It's not as gooey a formula as some mascaras. Somewhat thick. It's one of my more favorite mascaras. 

Regular Contributor

I was pulled in.  I have seen that blush for a while & just want to try it.  Heard the mascara is great & I need something for my eyebrows.  Saves me a trip to the store, free shipping & another good lip color, why not? I like that they have some older models & the makeup looks nice, I think it is how you apply it.  HSN hosts are pretty & youthful & fun. I am also going to try the Born This Way foundation & saved $15.  I have not bought mu in a very long  time.  Cruelty free too which is great. 

Spoiler
Woman Wink