Honored Contributor

Re: Too Faced Coco Powder Foundation Shades

On 1/29/2015 aprilskies said:

I ordered the light/medium. I am usually a medium and they didn't have that selection so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The lighting on hsn is so different than Sephora's, I went by the color selection on Sephora's site to judge which color to order. And medium did seem kinda dark so we will see.

It is all very confusing. Some say it is light coverage, others say it covers, etc etc. I guess you have to try things yourself. I don't have a lot to cover, but I do want more than a sheer. The reviews are good so I am hoping for the best.

To me it's the same coverage as a typical pressed powder foundation, like Pur Minerals which I have used, and I don't think they are light coverage. I don't care for loose minerals but IMO pressed provides more coverage.

I don't have real skin issues that I need to cover-up but I hate sheer foundations because I think my skin is kind of ruddy looking and needs evened out. This does that for me.

I will say though that some have complained about a lack of coverage with the BE Serum foundation and I really like that and think the coverage is nice.

For me personally, I'd never put this foundation over the top of a liquid foundation and the only CC cream I've tried is IT and I thought this was too much over that. It wasn't too much for me over the Too Faced BB cream though.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/29/2015 aprilskies said:

I ordered the light/medium. I am usually a medium and they didn't have that selection so I am keeping my fingers crossed. The lighting on hsn is so different than Sephora's, I went by the color selection on Sephora's site to judge which color to order. And medium did seem kinda dark so we will see.

It is all very confusing. Some say it is light coverage, others say it covers, etc etc. I guess you have to try things yourself. I don't have a lot to cover, but I do want more than a sheer. The reviews are good so I am hoping for the best.

To me it's the same coverage as a typical pressed powder foundation, like Pur Minerals which I have used, and I don't think they are light coverage. I don't care for loose minerals but IMO pressed provides more coverage.

I don't have real skin issues that I need to cover-up but I hate sheer foundations because I think my skin is kind of ruddy looking and needs evened out. This does that for me.

I will say though that some have complained about a lack of coverage with the BE Serum foundation and I really like that and think the coverage is nice.

For me personally, I'd never put this foundation over the top of a liquid foundation and the only CC cream I've tried is IT and I thought this was too much over that. It wasn't too much for me over the Too Faced BB cream though.

Yes, me too. Thank you for the explanation. That really helps. I don't want a full coverage foundation, just something that was light to medium in weight, but definitely not sheer. This sounds like it would work. I will test it out alone, hopefully, that is all I need. I usually don't like to layer on products. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

April I normally use it on it's own. The only reason I was putting it over the Too Faced BB cream was because I got a sample tube of the BB cream and wanted to use it up but I didn't like it on it's own.

Frequent Contributor

I was on the fence about this all and finally caved. By then my light shade was sold out, I usually use light in It Illumination foundation. I ordered the golden light since I have a yellow undertone. I did see these in Ulta and they do look that they run a tad dark. I'm hoping that the golden light works.