Regular Contributor

Re: Today was my first day at the salon since becoming a WEN girl and.......

Yes! I went Wednesday night to have my highlights/lowlights redone (I chickened out and decided to not do them at home myself). I hadn't cleansed in two days so when she said, "Your hair looks good, what are you doing?" I was surprised! She ran her fingers through it and said that it felt thicker. I told her that I was using Wen and she said she had tried it and it did not work for her but the people that told her they were using Wen had great results. My hair feels amazing (the color looks great--thanks Missy!) so I will keep using the Wen and hopefully keep the great regrowth!!

Frequent Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Trix said:

My stylist owns her shop but because it's an Aveda salon she won't use any non Aveda product brought in by a customer. Since that is part of the licensing agreement with Aveda to operate a salon using their name and exclusively selling their products I can respect that.

If the shoe were on the other foot and I went to Chaz's place and asked him to use Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk for my blow out I understand and would respect his refusal

I wah my hair prior to going to my salon and I don't let them wash my hair I just tell them to wet it down with water and cut. My stylist always tells me how good my hair smells and feels.

Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/31/2014 Trix said:

My stylist owns her shop but because it's an Aveda salon she won't use any non Aveda product brought in by a customer. Since that is part of the licensing agreement with Aveda to operate a salon using their name and exclusively selling their products I can respect that.

If the shoe were on the other foot and I went to Chaz's place and asked him to use Carol's Daughter's Hair Milk for my blow out I understand and would respect his refusal

weird because one of the guys who does my hair also owns his own shop but it is an Aveda salon yet he uses WEN on my hair, didn't even bat an eye when I asked. I suppose it is because he'd rather have my business than worry about using his Aveda products on my hair.

He probebly figured Aveda would not find out. I have known a few that say the same thing and can only use and sell Aveda products at their Aveda salon.

Honored Contributor

I've only been a WENNER since September 2013.

Last week I had 3 inches of poo hair cut. I was waiting in the salon for my stylist, whom I've known for > 20 years. I had my back to his suite when he walked past me to the expresso machine which I was facing. When he turned around, he said, "OMG that's YOU, I looked out to see if you were here and didn't recognize you from the back. You hair is great, what have you been feeding it, super-grow?"

He knows I use WEN, I always take it with me.

Honestly, this is TRUE. I felt like Maria with Chaz!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

SQUEEEEEEE!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

That is so awesome you're hairdresser was open to using it. My ex-hairdresser refused to use WEN because she said my color wouldn't hold if she did. Apparently she had gone to a Redken color class and the instructor specifically said that about WEN (which I find hard to believe that she would call out WEN over the million other products on the market)...whatever! She wouldn't even give it a chance, not even try it once, so I dropped her like a bad boyfriend.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.