Valued Contributor
So I finally got my OTO. I used it for the first time today and at first it looked great. I added a drop of the glossing serum and two hours later my hair felt frizzy and a little dry. Do you think it was the serum or did I apply the mousse the wrong way? I used two pumps after one pump of the styling cream and leave in CC. I wash and blow dry my hair every day, but had not experienced frizzy hair in along time. I had not used the glossing serum in a while either. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Formally NewtoWen
Super Contributor

Re: Tips on using WEN mousse

I'm sorry, I don't remember how long your hair is, but mine is short and I use 5-6 pumps of mousse on soaking wet hair after the sc. I scrunch it in, let it soak while I dry off, then pat dry with a piece of cotton jersey, style and air dry.

I don't use the glossing serum but I don't thin it would mix well with the mousse - they are two different textures.

My advice is to use them alone so you can see which one might be causing the frizz, and try more mousse.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much. My hair is long, straight and fine. I will skip the serum tomorrow. Smiley Happy
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

I have shoulder length fine thin hair. I generally don't skimp when using WEN, except for the mousse. I know Chaz says to use 10 pumps to soaking wet hair. I use 6, with great results. I feel 10 pumps is too much product for my fine thin hair. I feel the mousse is dripping off my hair and I am wasting it. For washing, I use 10-12 (16oz) pumps CC (each wash), 1 pump of CC as leave in, 1 pump SC mixed with 4 sprays of RTM, then 6 pumps of mousse. After I blow dry, I use 2 drops of oil warmed in my palms then ran thru my hair (mostly on the ends for moisture) then I mix 1 pump GS with 3 pumps VTS and run it thru my hair. I'm lucky to say, I've not had frizz since Spring and I live in a very humid climate. . . . . . . . . I recommend you trying more pumps of mousse next time and I wouldn't give up on the GS, just experiment with it. Good luck!
**Suz**
Trusted Contributor

I LOVE the mousse, but I find that it works best for me when I apply it to soaking wet hair. It's my last step before I wrap my hair up in a Turbie Towel. If I wait and apply it later, it can be a bit stiffer and crunchier, if that makes sense.

I've had the glossing serum for quite a while, but I don't love it. I've been experimenting with it lately, and I've determined that I can't use it everyday. If I do, it dries out my hair. I can use it occasionally, when I want a really sleek blowout. But, other than that, I have to skip it.

Honored Contributor

I use both but put the glossing serum on wet. I mix it in with the styling creme and then do the mousse. I have curly hair and love both of them so far.
Frequent Contributor

On 12/13/2014 okiebug said:

I'm sorry, I don't remember how long your hair is, but mine is short and I use 5-6 pumps of mousse on soaking wet hair after the sc. I scrunch it in, let it soak while I dry off, then pat dry with a piece of cotton jersey, style and air dry.

I don't use the glossing serum but I don't thin it would mix well with the mousse - they are two different textures.

My advice is to use them alone so you can see which one might be causing the frizz, and try more mousse.

I use the styling cream, glossing serum, then the mousse on wet hair. I have zero frizz, flyaways. or problems. I guess it's just different for everyone.

Respected Contributor

I use the gloss sometimes but I found for me it can be a bit drying. I'd stop using it and see what happens. It IS a good product but I space it out and only if I'm trying to get a certain style otherwise I just use leave in and styling creme and replenishing mist. I use two pumps of each and spritz five or six spritzes and mush that up in my hands and apply to soaking wet hair and my hair absorbs it right up. My hair comes out really nice. I still need extra hydration for my ends. Ya know, I found that the longer my hair is the more attention the ends need.

Respected Contributor

OH! I'm sorry, I didn't read that right. The mousse can make things a bit dry. I DO use the mousse because it has that "smart hold technology" which I feel is a marketing term but it does really do that. It keeps your hair in that style you did until it is cleansed again. The mousse also imparts a shine that is really "boss". {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor

Yes to above about Mousse. With the Glossing Serum you have a few options if you want to continue to experiment:

Mix with the CC leave-in.

Mix with the SC.

Or just on its own on soaking wet hair or dry- hair.

I would apply it before the Mousse. Chaz says remember the application of products is opposite what skincare is from heaviest to lightest...

Personally I thought that was brilliant.

oh also sometimes I will add some POM Oil to the POM GS or SAM Oil to the SAM GS.