Super Contributor

I have very thin, weak nails and was just wondering if any of you ladies have tried either of these products ,or any other nail product, that helps.

New Contributor

TIPS helps to strengthen nails really.  Luv It

Honored Contributor

I have and was not a fan of either.

My number one suggestion is Nailtiques. They have several different formulas and you pick the one most appropriate for your nail issues (peeling, brittlenes, etc.). They are all protein based and too much protein can cause brittleness, so you want to change formulas as you go and get to the maintenance version (Formula 1). You can read more about the different formulas on their web page.

I apply two coats of Nailtiques, then remove and reapply three days later if I'm not using color. If I am using color, I apply one coat of the Nailtiques as my base and then with color and top coat layers, I can usually go 5-7 days without changing my polish.

Honored Contributor

Vote for Nailtiques

When I transitioned from acrylics to natural nails,

my nail tech used Nailtiques for the grow out.

That was 20 yrs ago...strong nails today. 

Weak nails?  Instead of putting on, look at putting in.

Nutrition plays a big part for strong nails/hair, good skin.

Bump up the greens...high mineral content for nails/hair/skin.

Honored Contributor

I've used both and for me TIPS is the only thing that keeps my nails (which grown fast) from breaking because they are bendable and moist.  Pro Strong coated my nails but still did break if stressed by something I was doing.

Frequent Contributor

I also would recommend Nailtiques. I've been using it for years and it really got my nails and keeps my nails healthy. I would get the small bottle because the large size gets thick very fast.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same situation and purchased both of these brands. They really worked for me. I still use them along with Perfect Formula as a base or top coat. It's brought my nails back to healthy nd pretty.

Trusted Contributor

Andrew Lessman Hair Skin & Nails. Phenomenal results...

Respected Contributor

I take Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins (lots of Biotin is key!) and use Perfect Formula when I put something on my fingers! Toes are reserved for wild color!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Thanks