Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Tree Hut?

[ Edited ]

I use the sugar scrub, love the Watermelon in summer. They come out with coffee scents every now and again, I am currently using Velvet Coffee, very yummy.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I don't bother with sugar scrubs anymore.  I just use a Salux cloth or exfoliating gloves.  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Thank you for all the help! I have a few in my cart elsewhere to try. Cane Cane, Vanilla and Pumpkin scrubs to start.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Tree Hut?

[ Edited ]

I found this……
“Yes, Tree Hut is cruelty-free.
They don't test their finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. It's also verified that their products are not tested on animals anywhere in the world, including mainland China.”

Valued Contributor

I used to buy Tree Hut Brazillian Nut body butter at Walmart for $5. It smelled like rich coffee. I miss having it. 

Honored Contributor

@poregirl wrote:

I won't buy them. They are NOT cruelty-free

@poregirl  - Tree Hut is cruelty free.  

Respected Contributor

I bought it but gave it away. It left a waxy residue after using, that I disliked.

Trusted Contributor

We love Tree Hut sugar scrubs at our house!  We have 3 different scents in the shower right now.

My older daughter also likes their gel body washes, which are fine, but I still only use Philosophy body washes.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I don't bother with sugar scrubs anymore.  I just use a Salux cloth or exfoliating gloves.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Yes, I use a Salux cloth, too. In fact, I just bought a brand new one and wow what a difference! I couldn't remember the last time I bought a new Salux. I thought eh they don't wear out...but they do! They get 'dull' after a while.

Trusted Contributor

@LLLSSS @San Antonio Gal thank you! They were not cruelty-free for many years. Glad to hear they finally are now. Heart