Regular Contributor

Thoughts Regarding Serious Skin Care Phyto Pumpkin Scrub

I would appreciate any opinions regarding the Serious Skin Care phyto pumpkin facial scrub.  It is being offered BOGO with special pricing today.  The only SSC product I use is the super mel c.  I enjoy that product, but don't feel it's my holy grail. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts Regarding Serious Skin Care Phyto Pumpkin Scrub

I have used this scrub in the past and it is nice and smells great on your face, but I find it a bit pricey. I have since switched to other products for my face. I say go for it if it is something you really like using!

Super Contributor

WOW, these are massive!!! That's an insanely good deal. Does anyone know if the formula has changed since its original launch? I remember the clearish jar with blue wraparound label and loved it even though I am not into food scented products at all. Back then, it was part of their Glucosamine range. I may get this duo and thank you for the post!

Honored Contributor

I did not care for it, smell was nice, but the texture of it is like syrup, did not like that on my combo to oily skin.

Regular Contributor

@IntoSkincare, I personally have not used this product, so I can't speak to possible reformulation.  However, during the on-air presentation, the vendor showed the product in the packaging you described to represent the normal size packaging.  I hope this helps!

Super Contributor

@CoCo87 - thanks! I think I know which one you're referring to. Before that one, it was in an even different jar, flatter, from what I remember. I may be getting this duo later! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Well, I had loved the jarred version and when they discontinued it I got the tube.  Not the same, different ingredients, very oily feeling even after rinsed.  You could have mine, I hate it but I would buy the original formula again in the jar.

Super Contributor

Did I miss the special pricing?  I remember reading reviews on this years ago and them being good.  I just might give it a try.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

I ordered this last year. It is still sitting in my cabinet, I just used it a few times. Not scrubby enough for me, doesn't exfoliate well. I don't particularly like the scent either. I use multiple SSC products but to me this was a dud.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have the ones in the plastic jars/tubs. this is one of my all time favorite scrubs. i especially like using it during the fall and winter. love the smell, there is excellent granulation, and it isnt too rough for my normal/oily combination skin. have never found it to be "syrupy" but a bit more "gel-like" maybe. use it with warmer water to help clean it off of your face. after that, just pat your face dry. i like putting it on before i step into the shower. the best time to buy it is when they do the buy 1 get 1. it has excellent reviews. it is also great to use on your hands (a good way to use it up if you didnt like it for your face). i also love the body version (not sure if ssc still has that?) i am trying to use up my stash so i have not bought it for over a year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein