Occasional Contributor

Re: Thoughts/Comments on Chaz having a new Presenter occcasionally

HappyDaze, By no means was I starting a rumor ! I was just joining in the discussion. I love Wen and think Chaz is great. I know selling a company when you grow it big is very common. My husband is an Investment banker and I hear him talk about this all the time. But no ill intentions toward anyone was meant. I don't see why you feel the need to jump down someones throat ! This is a discussion board.

Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 6/16/2014 krissie622 said:
On 6/16/2014 jaxs mom said:

Anyway, on topic of the OP. I do think that you lose something in the presentations once the inventor and primary product designer isn't the person showcasing the product.

Agreed.

Chaz sells Wen. His passion in describing it, how and why to use it, etc., sells Wen. He is the presence of Wen, and while someone else can come out and sell it, anyone could, really, it won't be the same. We'll see. He also is a good sales person, very savvy, and not everyone can do that.

It would be like Mally without Mally, or Laura Geller without Laura Geller. It can be done, but I bet the sales won't be as high.

I guess I don't get it because both Mally and Laura have people who present for her at times. Their sales do just fine still so why would WEN be any different?

Yes, Mally and Laura both have other presenters, but never during prime hours and big launches. Only overnight that I've ever seen. I'm sure the sales during those shows are lower than they would be if Mally and Laura were presenting.

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 golden lion said:

HappyDaze, By no means was I starting a rumor ! I was just joining in the discussion. I love Wen and think Chaz is great. I know selling a company when you grow it big is very common. My husband is an Investment banker and I hear him talk about this all the time. But no ill intentions toward anyone was meant. I don't see why you feel the need to jump down someones throat ! This is a discussion board.

It was a statement, nothing more, nothing less. Sorry you took my statement to mean something it wasn't. It IS statements like that that do start rumors though. Next thing you will hear is someone on the forums saying they "thought they heard Chaz was looking to sell the company" next time his sub is on. It happens all the time. That is all I was saying.

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 krissie622 said:
On 6/16/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 6/16/2014 krissie622 said:
On 6/16/2014 jaxs mom said:

Anyway, on topic of the OP. I do think that you lose something in the presentations once the inventor and primary product designer isn't the person showcasing the product.

Agreed.

Chaz sells Wen. His passion in describing it, how and why to use it, etc., sells Wen. He is the presence of Wen, and while someone else can come out and sell it, anyone could, really, it won't be the same. We'll see. He also is a good sales person, very savvy, and not everyone can do that.

It would be like Mally without Mally, or Laura Geller without Laura Geller. It can be done, but I bet the sales won't be as high.

I guess I don't get it because both Mally and Laura have people who present for her at times. Their sales do just fine still so why would WEN be any different?

Yes, Mally and Laura both have other presenters, but never during prime hours and big launches. Only overnight that I've ever seen. I'm sure the sales during those shows are lower than they would be if Mally and Laura were presenting.

Well that is quite the assumption but I would argue that IF (big IF) that is true, it has more to do with the fact that it is non-prime hours and non-big launches, not because of the presenter.I am sure very little sales occur overall in the middle of the night/early morning just based on the statistical fact that most people are usually asleep at those times and not shopping.

I think most people purchase the products based on their needs/wants and the product looks on the models' etc, not just because of who presented it.

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 BethanyB said: Selfishly, I want Chaz all the time. But I understand his need for help. I guess with more free time from the Q, maybe we get more new stuff?! Again, this is my selfish POV, lol!

Me too BethanyB,

I'll keep up with new products, and purchase, but I doubt I'll watch as much. Nothing against the new presenter, but Chaz is one of a kind.

Wish one of the other Team Wen stylists could present, I think that would be an interesting perspective. Perhaps none of them has the interest or public persona to carry it off.

Happy for him that he is able to devote time to new products, and hopefully have some 'down' time for himself. He works very hard, it can't be denied that he has poured heart, time, and energy into his company.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras