Valued Contributor

Re: Those with fine, straight, no body hair

I don't know why it took the spaces out between paragraphs. All it would do is throw up a warning that I had put html in it, which I didn't. It would only post like that.

Honored Contributor

@Jk9  - I jumped on the sale price of the Tweak'd chichuri styling cream  that you mentioned last week.  Think you did too right?  It arrived and I tried it this morning.  Love it!  Even got compliments on my hair today.  Someone said "did you cut your hair, it looks really nice."  I did get it cut a week ago Sunday but she'd seen me since then so have to figure it was the Tweak'd that made it look fuller, etc.  Thank you so much for mentioning it!

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

Music to my ears! I too have the same type of hair and ordered the Tweak'd chichuri styling cream based on both @Jk9 and @JeanLouiseFinch's comments. I am also waitlisted for Balm duo. That sounded like a potential option too. My styling cream arrived and I'll try mine tomorrow. 😊

Frequent Contributor

I agree about the haircut. It took me forever to find a stylist who would not over layer my hair. I have shoulder length blunt cut with light “point cut” layers for movement. Too many layers, it’s flat. Not any layers, it’s flat. I also use Living Proof products. I use PHD shampoo and conditioner, 5 in 1 leave in, spritz crown lightly with root lifter, and then the mousse mostly on crown, running what’s left on my hands through to the ends. Light application with everything. Rough blow dry with wet brush in crown, upside down until nearly dry, then use brush dryer (right side up) to smooth and shape. Yes, two different dryers. If feeling fancy, I will back comb crown a bit adding spray as I go. Smooth the top layer with rat tail end of comb, careful not to pull out the volume. I don’t use volume shampoos or conditioners because they make my hair icky-matted like. Hope this makes sense.