Super Contributor

Those who've been using Illumask...is there a way to make it last longer than 30 days??

I've been using my Illumask for awhile now...I alternate b/t the Lightstim and the Illumask. I have about 8 uses left according to the counter. I just wondered if anyone has found a way to make it last longer, or does it really completely stop working after 30 uses?

Even if it won't work after 30 uses, I WILL buy it again. I love how relaxing it is, and I love that it takes less time than the Lightstim. But I do like the fact that I can "stretch" it out since I DO have the Lightstim!!

Super Contributor

Re: Those who've been using Illumask...is there a way to make it last longer than 30 days??

I watched Hot and Flashy on YouTube and it seems like the 30 days is ALL you will get...

Super Contributor

Re: Those who've been using Illumask...is there a way to make it last longer than 30 days??

I have 10 or 11 days left on my first one and reserving judgment until after I buy my second one and do it fo 60 days.

As Kate above mentioned, Hot and Flashy on youtube ASSUMED the bulbs wore out after 30 days. I'm not so sure since LEDs are everywhere and are known for being long lasting, right? Seems her issue was more about landfills. She does get off on tangents sometimes.

In any event, yes you can get more than 30 days out of it. There are a number of videos on youtube about how to do it. Here's a couple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMnarSG9Mc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbrskRzgTXQ

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

A review on eBay tells how to change the battery. It's the battery that only has enough juice, not the bulbs -- according to this reviewer. Kind of makes sense because I thought LED bulbs lasted a long time.

Here you go -- but again, don't know if it's really the bulbs or the batteries that lose the juice. If you try this, let us know!

I was VERY skeptical about this product, because I have tried pretty much everything under the sun to get my skin to clear up. Luckily though, I have used the mask for the full 30 days, and my skin has cleared up a lot. Many people wonder if the lights are hot or harmful, and all I have noticed is that my skin is a little dry afterwards, but I just put on some moisturizer and everything is fine!

If you're like me, you don't want to have to pay for another mask just because it has run out of sessions. So here's what you do:

1. Change the batteries 2. Use a screwdriver and carefully remove the plastic piece that holds the batteries (the batteries must be in place to reset the mask). Underneath it there is a circuit board. 3. Using a piece of wire (such as a paper clip) touch one end of your wire to place where the thin copper wire connects to the circuit board. Touch the other end to the little RESET copper circle--located on the left of the circuit board (use the copper circle above the word RESET, not below). 4. Press the start button while the wire is in place. 5. Move your wire from the RESET button to the TEST button. 6. Press the start button again while the wire is in place, and the count should say 30 again!

http://www.amazon.com/IlluMask-Anti-Acne-Light-Therapy-Minutes/product-reviews/B00I4CHIAG

Super Contributor

Thank you LuluCCS and MarenSeattle...I will keep these in mind for when my unit shuts down!

Respected Contributor

Dang, Maren! You little engineer!

Frequent Contributor

Does this work just like the lightstim or are the lights not as strong? Thanks.
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 BellaCarro said:

Dang, Maren! You little engineer!

Haha! Not me, BC -- that's someone else's post from Amazon. I'd never be able to figure something like this out on my own -- not even sure I could follow these directions!

Trusted Contributor

I bought a LED (face panels) which lasted me a few years, so I'm assuming the lights do last.

Do the math.