Honored Contributor

Suggestions for a drugstore foundation that has.....

light to medium coverage. Cannot be mineral. I like a liquid or whipped mousse type & more matte finish -- No illumination. Can anyone help out?? It can also be a BB cream.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a drugstore foundation that has.....

I would recommend either L'Oreal serum absolute, comes in a pump bottle, doesn't take a lot and gives a very nice natural look. I use this along with my Real Techniques expert face brush and use it in a circular motion, gives an almost air brush look, very nice. I also like Physicians Formula BB cream, one with the sparkly little dots on the tube. The Cover Girl whipped mousse gets good reviews as well but my all time favorite so far is the L'Oreal serum absolute but it does give a very soft natural sort of glow, not shiny, just a natural glow. I do have somewhat dry skin.

Super Contributor

I'll be watching for the responses to come in, too!!

Honored Contributor

Olay CC.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I'll be watching this thread, KatCat. You'll probably get dozens of recommendations since everyone's skin and preferences are different.

I've used CG AquaSmooth for decades - it's a compact solid that I brush or sponge on. It has 20spf, it's buildable and can be applied as thin or thick as you need on any given day (which I love!). It's fairly matte, no illumination, and it's excellent for my oily skin. You didn't mention if your complexion was oily or dry.

I've been experimenting with Rimmel Stay Matte and CG 3-in-1 liquid. I prefer the Rimmel - it's in a tube and kind of a "moussey" texture - absolutely no shine and does stay matte all day long. It might be too drying for some, tho.

The CG 3-in-1 gets greasy on me after a couple hours, which might be good for ladies with dry skin.

Good luck in your search!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Cover Girl Advanced Radiance is a very nice one. It is in a pump and is a cross between a liquid and a mousse. The coverage is medium.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Revlon Colorstay Whipped

Super Contributor

What is your skintone? Do you want something that has spf and moisturizing?

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 rhinovodka said:

Revlon Colorstay Whipped

I second this. I tried it awhile ago after this same question came up on the boards, and Revlon Colorstay Whipped was enthusiastically suggested by another poster. I wish I could remember her name, because I'd like to thank her. It's pretty great!

Honored Contributor

If you like BB Creams, Physicians Formula and Rimmel would be something you could try.