Trusted Contributor

Re: Thinking of going to a light brown eye liner

vaccinia - Regarding sharpening Jordana 12 Hour Liquid Eyeliner Pencil, hmmm...I haven't had a problem with it crumbling upon sharpening. It's so soft, if anything it gets the blades on the sharpener kind of mucked up.

We are having a cold snap (cold for Hawaii that is) just now and I'm thinking it's going to be easier to sharpen. It's still early here and so I haven't done my make-up yet. I'll pay attention when I do and report back. These gel pencils do need to be sharpened more often than regular wax pencils.

I'm so pleased with the look and the wear though (not to mention the low price) that any inconvenience is worth it.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

I am over 50 with fair skin and blue eyes, and I stopped using black eyeliner a long time ago. I tried light brown, but it just had no impact at all. It was like wearing no liner which doesn't bring out my eyes at all. I use a dark brown eyeliner on top only with a black brown mascara on top lashes only. I like that look on me.

Trusted Contributor

cuddlesmama - NYX Silky Cashmere is quite light and does have a bit of shimmer that I can see when applied to my wrist. I don't notice it at all when lined under my eyes. I only use it on the bottom as it is too light to get any definition for me as an upper lid liner. The under eye is where I felt all my various brown eyeliner pencils were so dark as to almost appear black. Silky Cashmere is such a pretty shade of bronzy brown.

I would try to post another photo but the Q makes them all come out way too enlarged.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

I too prefer the pencils, like the OP, and I love to play with color. I find the lighter shades work to highlight your eyes and open them up more than the darker colors but they certainly all have their place
Trusted Contributor

this might work for you. $19.00

bareminerals Afternoon Delights

Afternoon Delights

Respected Contributor

On 1/2/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

cuddlesmama - NYX Silky Cashmere is quite light and does have a bit of shimmer that I can see when applied to my wrist. I don't notice it at all when lined under my eyes. I only use it on the bottom as it is too light to get any definition for me as an upper lid liner. The under eye is where I felt all my various brown eyeliner pencils were so dark as to almost appear black. Silky Cashmere is such a pretty shade of bronzy brown.

I would try to post another photo but the Q makes them all come out way too enlarged.

Thank you so much for responding so nice of you. Yes, I also wear the brown on my bottom lid and some do look black. I am going to try this look out and see how it looks on me and bronzy brown sounds so pretty. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I use different color eyeliners. It depends on what I am wearing & the look I want. Try different ones. I do like the medium brown BE liner called Hypnotize for a casual, very subtle look. It is in a Ready Duo.

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies. The search will be on and I'll consider all comments here, thank you all.

Regular Contributor

I am very light and have been experimenting with better looks as the dark liners just don't work for me any more. I like Mally's 'Copper Penny' liner pretty well and the taupe shades she has. Also get yourself a good primer and try shadow liners. I've managed some pretty good shades with this, but it absolutely won't work without a good primer for the eye. Benefit has something called 'Stay Don't Stray' that works well for me.

Regular Contributor

I'm blonde, blue eyes, light complexion and have never been able to wear black eyeliner or mascara. I've always used brown...btw now there are so many variations of brown. I like Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner - the browns, bronze and plum shades (too many to list).