Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking of changing WEN products to something else.

pantene full and strong line is fantastic and so is suave professionals.

Esteemed Contributor

OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. It's available at Ulta, Walmart and I think Walgreens. Oh yes and Amazon (they have everything). I love it!

Image result for OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Try one of the OTC products like Sally's Bioterra or Herbal Essence or VO5 or Loreal. They are scads cheaper and many feel just as nice. I'm pleased with sulfate free shampoo by Shea Terra. I use their thickening shampoo. I recently picked up some Suave Voluminous and some Schwartzkoph volumnizing. I like them both and will use them, but the Shea Terra give much more volume and is full of the good stuff and none of the bad chemicals.

Respected Contributor

I have tried to see if I can see a difference going back to shampoo. Let me tell you, it only took about 3 days. Day 1 on shampoo wasn't to bad. Day 2 was ok. By day 3 my hair was so dry feeling I had to go back to my beloved Wen. I have never turned back since. I have been using Wen for 3 years in May. Gotta have my Wen!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Frequent Contributor

I have been using Wen exclusively since October. I loved it at first but last month or so my hair was starting to get too ... heavy. I washed it with my old kerastase shampoo just one time - worked like a charm! I don't think it is somehow a negative aspect of Wen - I always found that switching shampoos once every 2-3 months is a good thing to remove built up. I will definitely continue using Wen, but might introduce one other shampoo a month.
Honored Contributor

I'm using shampoo right now because of a hair dye that made my color too dark. I've used shampoo about 7 times in the last 8 days and my hair is not happy about it. I'm going to have to step up the oil treatments and deep conditioners to make up for it.

You mention that you don't see a difference using WEN. I wonder if you'll notice the difference NOT using WEN. That's what I really noticed it - when I don't use it, I realize the difference it makes.

If you've been using it since 2011 and are worried about hair loss because of what you're reading and not because of what's going on with your own hair, that's another story and I don't even know where to begin with that. Is YOUR hair falling out? I trust my own experiences and science over what I read on web forums. WEN hasn't made my hair fall out.

If you're worried about the money, you might want to go from WEN to washing with a conditioner. I did that for almost a year before I switched to WEN.

Trusted Contributor

Try the Alterna Bamboo set, A258029. Been using this for a few months and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not going to talk about any other aspects of "something else" vs. Wen, but costs only.

I wanted to check Alterna shampoo, and found it being sold here (on Qvc) - Alterna Caviar Moisture Shampoo 8.5 oz at $32.50, Alterna Bamboo at $22.00 for 8.5 oz!

For 8.5 oz?!

Then one would also has to pick up a conditioner, doubles the cost to about $44 to $65 total for two 8.5 oz size bottles of needed hair product.

I don't know, maybe it could be argued, that less amount of product is being used with Alterna, but never-the-less, cost wise, this product is far from being cheap, or less expensive than Wen in my opinion.

I am tired right now, please correct me, as I may be wrong in all my calculations, but 8.5 oz Alterna at $22 - $32.50 for shampoo alone (doubled for S/C) to $44 - $65.00 vs. 32 oz Wen C/C for $49.50 - $52.74, which makes Wen more attractive product cost wise.

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Chicago-girl said: I have been using Wen exclusively since October. I loved it at first but last month or so my hair was starting to get too ... heavy. I washed it with my old kerastase shampoo just one time - worked like a charm! I don't think it is somehow a negative aspect of Wen - I always found that switching shampoos once every 2-3 months is a good thing to remove built up. I will definitely continue using Wen, but might introduce one other shampoo a month.

I don't but a lot who use Wen do use regular shampoo on occasion. It could be once a month, twice a month or more often than that. Whatever works for you is the best way to use any beauty product. Some also use their favorite regular shampoo and use Wen as their conditioner. This is also a good choice for some.

Respected Contributor

When I get my hair cut every 2 months, my stylist uses Paul Mitchell products. My hair looks fine, but feels a little dry. But I think that just gives my WEN a clean slate to start with! I don't believe all that WEN goodness can be completely "un-done" by an occasional shampoo.