Valued Contributor

Re: The older I get I am so bothered by scents/smells...I cannot find a nice light shower gel! help

What about the Neutrogena Sesame body oil? The one that's been around forever? You can get this anywhere and you generally apply it once you stop the shower and your skin is still wet/damp. Many people swear by it. I don't adore the scent, but I've used it in the past and I like the way it makes my skin feel.

Frequent Contributor

Re: The older I get I am so bothered by scents/smells...I cannot find a nice light shower gel! help

I've always been sensitive. I seem to be able to handle minty light scents. I've been using Trader Joe's Tea Tree body wash.
Honored Contributor

I too am experiencing increased sensitivity as I get older. Particularly, I cannot stand the smell of anything floral. I only use Pure Grace, Cinnamon Buns, and Vanilla Birthday cake body wash, or Ivory, Dial, and Safeguard bar soap. In candles, I only choose vanilla or apple cinnamon scents.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 RedTop said:

I too am experiencing increased sensitivity as I get older. Particularly, I cannot stand the smell of anything floral. I only use Pure Grace, Cinnamon Buns, and Vanilla Birthday cake body wash, or Ivory, Dial, and Safeguard bar soap. In candles, I only choose vanilla or apple cinnamon scents.

Don't you find Dial and Safeguard very drying for your skin? I can't use them.

Respected Contributor

My favorites are Philosophy Fresh Cream, Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path, and all of Shea Moisture's (I get mine at WalGreens/Target). If I were you, I would go up and down the bath isle at the store, Target, Walmart, pharmacy, and smell them all. They will be stronger in the bottle than when you wash with them, so take that into account. Goodluck finding one that you like and doesn't bother you.
Super Contributor

I went to the Walgreens website and typed in "fragrance free shower gel" and came up with 23 choices, including Aveeno, Dove, Eucerin, and Burt's Bees. So I'd think that you could walk into any big box store and find fragrance free shower gels.

Super Contributor

I love L'occitane almond oil, it smells great , but I've gotten a lot of great tips for some new products. Thanks y'all.

Super Contributor

I really like Method Green Tea at Target. It doesn't dry my 60 yr old skin out either ..