I hope I gave every single one of you a red heart emoji

for your kind words, words of wisdom

and condolences.  I cherish the friendships 

I've made here.

Honored Contributor

Glad you are okay.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I am @Katcat1 at least for right now.  The tremendous pain he endured for a month longer than his Dr said he would was nothing I'd ever want to see anyone go thru and compare that to the perfect peace he's in for eternity makes it hard to be sad. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I am @Katcat1 at least for right now.  The tremendous pain he endured for a month longer than his Dr said he would was nothing I'd ever want to see anyone go thru and compare that to the perfect peace he's in for eternity makes it hard to be sad. 

I actually felt relief when my mother died.  She had stage 4 cancer and although she did not suffer much physical pain, she was miserable for the 3 1/2 years she survived.  I know you will miss your brother but it is such a blessing that he is no longer in pain. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@ninjawife 

Thank you for sharing about your mom.  My brother was given the option of treatment but the Dr said it would only prolong his life for a very short amt of time and without treatment his life was measured in days not weeks.  He chose not to do treatment.  Hospice was called and lived a month but it was a miserable, unbearable month Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

It's good to see you posting today.  I do hope you've had some quiet time for yourself. I was glad to read that you got a pedicure.  If you feel like it you should post a picture so we can all ooh & ahh over your pretty toesies!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm I am so sorry for your loss.  I've been away on vacation and just saw this thread.   Sending you continued support.