Occasional Contributor

I have 4 unopened bottles of TT oil (original formula) that I can not use. Any clever suggestions for their use?

Respected Contributor

I have been using it for a sinus infection. Don't ingest it. It is toxic. (You might now this, but someone else may not.)

I boil water, pour in a boil and add five drops of tea tree oil essence. Breathe the steam for 10 minutes. It actually helps to relieve symptoms. There are other variations to this. I hate the smell; it's like smelling turpentine. There are variations on this.

In aromatherapy, use a carrier oil such as olive oil. Some people have mixed with rosemary. I don't remember the proportions.

I used as a topical for bug bites and contact dermatitis. If you are on medications, I would check that out, before using.

Here is a link:

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/tea-tree-oil-uses/

Super Contributor

Why can't you use the TT oil?

Occasional Contributor

MissKlynn,

I get a headache from the smell. I had originally bought 5 of them for a family member, who is no longer with us.

I only use the Wen Kids' Apple - can't use the regular formulas due to the menthol in them.

Super Contributor

jsb,

I'm so sorry to hear about your family member, that was generous of you to buy them 5 bottles. Love the spirit.

If the smell is an issue for you then unfortunately any suggestions I might have won't help you, other than to give them to someone else who can handle the smell and reap the benefits.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

I wish I could buy one from you! I have read so many good things about WEN TT oil that I wanted to see if it would stimulate some hair growth on my crown. Just too expensive for me right now.

Super Contributor

Put them on the bay.

Honored Contributor
I've used pure tea tree oil and found it really stinks. Also if used continuously, it causes burning and irritation on the skin.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It can be a problem using it too long. It is used most often as it clears up toe fungus infections. It did with my husband. Cleared it right up. But the smell.... By the way another good product to use for a toe infection is (of all things) Vips Vapor Rub. I found that out on the internet. I can take that smell more then the Tea Tree Oil.

Super Contributor
On 1/23/2014 kachina624 said: I've used pure tea tree oil and found it really stinks. Also if used continuously, it causes burning and irritation on the skin.

You're not supposed to use tea tree oil straight - it should be put in a carrier oil like jojoba, etc. You can find the proportions by doing a search on line, they vary from 5% to 50% dilution.