Honored Contributor

Yes they do work.  They aren't going to stop or reverse your aging but can slow down the appearance of aging.  I think the Tatcha product that does the most for my skin is their Rice Polish (exfoliator).  There are 4 formulas.  I use the purple one (Gentle).  The one for normal skin (white jar) was too harsh for me.  I use the makeup remover oil, rice wash (just reordered), rice polish, AM moisturizer and PM moisturizer.  Along with The Ordinary products, my face looks better than it has in decades!

Frequent Contributor

I have been a skin care junkie trying every line out there from Walgreens to QVC to Neiman Marcus.  My skin was oily and acne-prone and now in my 60's combination dry and oily at times still acne-prone.  Tatcha has been by far the best skin care line for me.  I have used it for years now, and I have not ever had a breakout while using Tatcha.  My pores are smaller, my skin texture is smoother and my fine lines and wrinkles are diminished.  I will not use anything else.  Great skin care is worth it!  The packaging is beautiful and makes me feel pampered.

Having said that, skincare not able the money, because I beleive the packaging has a lot to do with it.  My SIL worked for biotherm as a regional manager years ago.  They owned Lancome, L'oreal and Biotherm.  She said they skincare lines would get together and share the same formulas but it was the packaging and names were different.  She said getting L'oreal was like getting Lancome and that time Biotherm which was their highend products.

All in all,no matter what the price it is the end results for me...and Tatcha is the best out there for me.

Honored Contributor

@Marebear54 

Paula's Choice all the way. The price point is reasonable and the line has products for all skin types.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I totally agree (Tatcha).  But, I have to give credit for the opposite end of the $$ spectrum too.  The Ordinary has been a god-send.  The two combined have transformed my "meh" skin to WOWZA/foundation-free skin.

Respected Contributor

@godi  I use some of Tatcha's products & very pleased also...I also use products from JM. My question is: What do you like the most from Tatcha's camilla beauty oil? There are excellent reviews as far as results..absorbs well...also good for hair... Have you used JM's Argan oil? I am going to purchase the oil & would like your opinion or if you have used JM's oil for comparion.  Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella  I have never used any JM products. The only oils I use are La Mer oil and the Tatcha they both absorb beautifully. I have tried Darphin oil. It stays on the skin forever. It's all a gamble with beauty products. You don't know until you try. My favorite is the LaMer

Respected Contributor

Eye cream $60 worth every penny---- great results I'm

69 1/2.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Eye cream $60 worth every penny---- great results I'm

69 1/2.

@IMW - which eye cream do you use?  When I looked on their website there seemed to be different ones.  That is one item I may be willing to try.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I always look at the price first because for me no skincare product is worth going broke for. Addressing the seven signs of aging should not have to cost an arm and a leg. 

You've posted about being on a limited budget so understandable that you would focus on price. But for you to suggest that Tatcha costs an arm and leg is a great exaggeration. 

Also, you can waste $$$ trying lower priced products that aren't effective and cannot be returned.

I generally look 1st for information about the brand and specific products that interest me - referrals, reviews and ingredients. Price is NOT my 1st concern.

I haven't seen any snarky comments on the drugstore thread yet some that can't afford higher priced beauty items seem to  be disgruntled and repeatedly take swipes toward premium beauty brands. I take note of this obvious bias and discount their comments about pretty much anything regardless of price bc they seem to have a chip on their shoulder

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I totally agree (Tatcha).  But, I have to give credit for the opposite end of the $$ spectrum too.  The Ordinary has been a god-send.  The two combined have transformed my "meh" skin to WOWZA/foundation-free skin.

@monicakm So what have you used from these lines?