Trusted Contributor

Janifer hasnt posted any hints on IG since I posted last week...

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @teganslaw .  I figured it was a no no to use exfoliating powder. Yeah I live in a cave so sunscreen isn't a priority 😏

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you so much @teganslaw .  I figured it was a no no to use exfoliating powder. Yeah I live in a cave so sunscreen isn't a priority 😏

@monicakm  But if  you think about it,  if used correctly,  you are really not applying a powder.  You make it into a foamy liquid.  I LOVE that rice powder and would absolutely NOT be without it.   

Trusted Contributor
It’s a 4 pc kit. 2.1oz rice polish, .28oz dewy serum stick, .38oz eye cream and 1.86oz ageless renewing cream. Y’all….I had to WORKKK for this one 🤣🥵 @weezer111 @JudyL @JeanLouiseFinch
Esteemed Contributor

YOU ARE AWESOME llovelife!!!!

HUGE TATCHA FAN, SO WILL DEFINITELY TUNE IN!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ALWAYS!!

HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!

Trusted Contributor
@weezer111 you make it all worth it! I love the rice polish and essence. Bet I cave on this kit, though 😜
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info SisterBarb.  I sure appreciate it!

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing!  It's appreciated by all Tatcha fans!  <3

Honored Contributor

@Ilovelife123  I don't use Tatcha but I surely appreciate you keeping me in the loop all the time. 😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha TSV - June 9

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

@monicakm  I read  that one should not use any powder products with tretinoin, as it could cause irritation I'm guessing that would mean the Tatcha. They also say that makeup should be held to a minimum-no heavy foundation, tinted moisturizer or concealer instead. The no foundation is mostly until your skin gets adjusted to tretinoin. 

Tretinoin can make you more prone to sunburn, so sunscreen or avoid the sun altogether. Since you stay out of the sun anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not an expert, but I've read blogs from dermatologists concerning tretinoin.

I'll chime in here and just mention one important thing about tret. It does thin the outermost layer of the skin (the stratum corneum) but that shouldn't stop you from using exfoliating products. Just use them less frequently to avoid stripping the skin which is very likely to happen with tret-induced thin skin, with over-exfoliation, and then you're left with red, inflamed and irritated sensitive skin. 

Tret compromises skin barrier function by thinning the outer layer. You don't want to over-do cleansing, exfoliating or use harsh anything.