Respected Contributor

Because she sold to a company that does animal testing doesn't necessarily mean that Tarte is now testing on animals, does it? It may be part of the sale for Tarte to continue to be produced without testing. Of course, we all know that just because the final products aren't tested on animals doesn't mean that each ingredient that goes into that product wasn't tested on animals.

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 Dusty1 said:

Because she sold to a company that does animal testing doesn't necessarily mean that Tarte is now testing on animals, does it? It may be part of the sale for Tarte to continue to be produced without testing. Of course, we all know that just because the final products aren't tested on animals doesn't mean that each ingredient that goes into that product wasn't tested on animals.

I thought that many common ingredients have indeed already been tested on animals in the past and that that, in fact, is one argument against testing on animals at this point.

I may be wrong, but I think it would be virtually impossible to avoid the thousands of ingredients that have undergone testing in the past.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
On 1/19/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I thought that many common ingredients have indeed already been tested on animals in the past and that that, in fact, is one argument against testing on animals at this point.

I may be wrong, but I think it would be virtually impossible to avoid the thousands of ingredients that have undergone testing in the past.

Yes. I think you're right, Suzy. Unless one is hyper vigilant--and I certainly support someone's efforts to be this way--it is very, very difficult to avoid ALL products that contain ingredients that have been tested on animals in any way. If one wants to go "all-in" there are some great blogs and research online, primarily by vegans and animal rights activists, that can really help in the effort.

Frequent Contributor

Their website says they DO NOT TEST on animals. I would like to think this is an honest statement in writing.

I love Tarte foundation. Hope they are being truthful.

Super Contributor
On 1/16/2015 makupnut said:

I live where PETA Headquarters is. They were just in trouble for stealing a man's dog off of his porch and later killing it. The police tried to press charges but lack of evidence even tho the man has a recording of them taking the dog. It was all over our news here. Check it out: WVEC.com or WAVY.com

Not a fan of them at all.

That is horrible. I looked at some articles on the WVEC site you mentioned. If anyone is interested, I just typed peta in their search bar. I feel so bad for that poor family. I would never have thought PETA would euthanize animals when they are supposedly against animal cruelty. Shame on them!!!

Regular Contributor
On 1/19/2015 glmama said:

Yes. I think you're right, Suzy. Unless one is hyper vigilant--and I certainly support someone's efforts to be this way--it is very, very difficult to avoid ALL products that contain ingredients that have been tested on animals in any way. If one wants to go "all-in" there are some great blogs and research online, primarily by vegans and animal rights activists, that can really help in the effort.

I try as hard as I can, but I know you are going to miss something occasionally. That's the best I can do. If it comes to my attention, like Tarte ({#emotions_dlg.sad}) I don't use them and move on. I always check the "lists" to keep updated. No animals tortured for my cosmetics if I can help it.

I wonder what is left on QVC that truly does not test.

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 glmama said:

I want to be very clear that I was not speaking about any confusion as to whether a company is involved in any way with CURRENT testing. I was speaking only about the testing of ingredients that took place in the past.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
Yep, Suzy, I understand.Smiley Happy
Super Contributor
On 1/19/2015 pas4116 said:

Why did PETA steal and kill a dog?

And why did Mike Huckabee's son do that? So sad...