Trusted Contributor

Re: TSV I almost did not recognize Jane

I don't believe Jane had work done - she simply had self-tanned and she wasn't wearing her usual dark lipstick. I think the lipstick with her darker skin made her look different.

By the way, I've had great results with Tarte's self-tanner!

Honored Contributor

IMO - all self tanners and bronzers are either dirty looking or too orange. I have a tan - i swim outside in the florida sun everyday that is not storming - and I just went to CVS and got my normal makeup - L'Oreal true match - in a darker tone that matches my current skin color. Every tan is not the same color - I tan to a deep tan shade - my DH tans to a more golden color, and none of them are the same color as those self tanners or bronzers.

Honored Contributor

I wondered what was strange looking about her when I saw like a minute of the Shoe Shopping w/You Know Who show. I didn't really think any more about it, just turned it off.

This morning I heard Maureen say that this stuff doesn't have the self tanner smell.

Yeah, right, I've heard that before.

hahahahahaha! They're all stinky.

So you look bad and you smell. I think I'll pass!!!

Regular Contributor

I agree about the self tanner on the face. I am a tarte fan and I really like Maureen and most of her products, but this one looks very off to me. I'm not a self tanning person, although I would like to try. I have the St. Tropez regular but I haven't used it yet because I'm afraid to !!!! LOL !!!! I think the Tarte body self tanner looks okay, but I think all the faces do not look good at all. Jane said other self tanners made her "freckles" and age spots look worse but the Tarte didn't. Now I think the Tarte face towelettes DID accentuate her freckles and age spots. I'm going to watch today with other hosts and models and see if it looks different.

Super Contributor

I have faux tanned for many seasons and just recently picked up a tube of Jergens Natural Glow for FACE at WMart. I like the subtle color that this product gives to my very fair skin. I might consider the Tarte product for my body - - but after seeing the faces, I would be scared to death to try the towelettes on my face.

Honored Contributor

I saw the last few minutes of her this morning. That is not a good look. If she was going to tan her face, she should have at least worn some color on her lips. She mentioned someone wrote on her Facebook page that she looked like she "had something done to her face." She then said they were just trying out the new product. So I am assuming no one liked it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Jane looked awful. It appeared as if she had a dirty and streaked face. Just imagine having to live with that til it wears off! She did have a nice outfit on.
Respected Contributor

As soon as I saw how overdone Jane & Maureen's faces looked at midnight, I changed the channel. If that was just one application, I'd hate to see how they'd look with more applications. Much too dark & dirty-looking.

Esteemed Contributor

That faux tan looked awful on her.

Trusted Contributor

I thought Jane looked awful last night. I kept thinking, what on earth did she do to herself?

I don't care for Tarte products at all. I've tried several of their line.