Honored Contributor
On 9/16/2014 MarenSeattle said:

HD, from what I recall of the original, I'd classify it as a lighter scent. But still had a presence. :-)

sounds lovely! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I used to love her Hair Mask. I was so sorry when they discontinued her Cactine Line.

Tova is such a class act. I love to watch her when she is on. There is just such a graciousness about her.

Occasional Contributor
On 9/16/2014 J Town Girl said:

I used to love her Hair Mask. I was so sorry when they discontinued her Cactine Line.

Tova is such a class act. I love to watch her when she is on. There is just such a graciousness about her.

Isn't she the epitome of graciousness? Love her!

I so agree about the cactine line & the hair mask. The mask was a mess to use, LOL, but I loved it. Kept the beauty bar on hand *always*! It was THE best! I still have 2 of the cactine emollient jars. They last forever! Fabulous for dry lips; I still use it very often. I have 2 refillable cans (6 oz each) of mists...the original signature & Tova Nights. They still smell luscious; likely the opaque cans kept them protected. Nothing, but nothing smells so heavenly.

Wish list:

Beauty bars!!!

Cactine line including face masks (there was a clay-like one which was followed by a moisture-rich one, really a 2-step masking process)

Bring it all on, Tova!!! I'm ready!

Trusted Contributor

I wore Tova original for years. The problem started when the brand was sold to QVC. Several years ago, I ordered a new bottle and noticed the scent was gone after an hour. Tova had always lasted all day. That's how I discovered Q had bought Tova and changed the formula - I'm assuming artificial fragrance instead of essential oils. Since then, Q has launched so many "original" formulas, with the hosts extolling, "This time we REALLY brought back the old formulation". It's hard to believe.

I did stock up on Tova Beverly Hills on Ebay, back before the prices became prohibitive. I can't blame Tova for selling the company. I have to wonder if QVC only bought the trademark, but not the actual formulation.

Super Contributor
On 9/16/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Hi, and welcome!

You have a good point -- keep the Tova subject alive and in the spotlight.

I tried her original scent years ago and thought it was lovely. Didn't re-order because at the time I was into heavier scents.

I'd love to give it another go now that my preferences have changed, but have been leery because of the comments on the new formulation.

So tell me, what do you think of this current incarnation? Don't worry about comparing it to the original, it's been about 20 years since I tried it initially and I don't even remember what exactly it smelled like. Just give it a review objectively -- you may convince me! :-)

She is just so lovely and classy. I remember a TV show where they would "set up" a celebrity and she participated and they set up Ernie. They pretended that his their house was infested with termites or something, and he came home to find it all under those tent/bubble things.

He was apoplectic! He was ranting and raving, and she was helpless with laughter, trying so hard to play along. It was so funny, and she was so good, and I'm smiling even now as I'm recalling it. :-)

Marem, I think the original is very nice,as not being a fan of PH as had a nasty experience years ago it sealed my trust in Tova. I am not happy with the price for the cost odf smelling clean, but my secret is keep Tova Signature as a spray to apply to the body as soon as you finish a shower or bath, and you will get the very feel of how Tova describes Tova Signature now withen an hour you will come to your own idea as to the scent and if it is for you. I have always said by spraying after a warm shower/bath it grabs to ones personal chem. I also think that after you wait an hour you can create fun by layering a second personal fav and this really makes it your signature. Example I find Tova B-M& Spirit a strange yet needed scent but it needs a twin scent layered and as strange as this sounds I love to spray an old scent from 89 FRED HAYMAN 273 over it. TALK ABOUT CREATING CLASSIC MODERN- But in all I think we all need the Tova wardrobe and my opinion it works well on it's own or even better with a scent you cannot part with. LOL Now that is my take on TOVA. P.s. Tova would never have wished this confusion EVER !

Super Contributor

I hear we may get TOVA BEAUTY back possibly by years end or the new year.

I do know the original had a few paraben ect ingredients as did most of the quality products that are no longer on Q but in TOVA fashion I think the re launch will compete with success .

I loved the basic CACTINE- and the Cactine bar was everywhere in my home,I stayed broke BUT I WAS CLEAN- Ha

Occasional Contributor

From a conversation with a Tova rep, they're hard at work on the beauty products. Packaging is currently being worked out. Cactine beauty bars! Masks! *Yay*! I got pretty much the same info as BOYINTX did.

The rep who called me had a beautiful voice & represented Tova wonderfully. I am *so* looking forward to the return of the beauty bars! When they were available, that's all we ever used in our home. Gentle, smelled heavenly, & rinsed so cleanly that I used it on eyewear as well - left no film!

Super Contributor

Bab's so very true. Tova sold her Cactine with a passion, and to see the foundation that TOVA created be removed from the Q was sad for me. I am as passionate about the smell of Tova's cactine bar as much as the TOVA Signature fragrance wearer.

Tovas Cactine was a simple ,elegant,and beneficial line that would never bore or let me down. I think the hype of so many new lines is a laugh and I have found myself spending more and more on THE NEW PROMISE in a jar at Q when I could no longer get TOVA CACTINE.

It is a line that did what it said and had power JUST LIKE TOVA.

BOYINTX

Respected Contributor

I also enjoy watching Tova. Honestly, after buying a few of her fragrances, I was very disapponited, and sent some back. Too many times, I believed they were as presented, only to find they were nothing as discribed, and I'm not comparing them to the originals...but they were so awful...cheap, and soapy scented. So I don't see myself ordering again, as it's been a few years of trying on and off again, and being very disappointed.

I agree, Tova gives a nice presentation, and perhaps her other products are good.

Respected Contributor
Where is the rumor coming from that Tova's skin care regime will return? Count me as someone who missed the cactine beauty bar as well as the cactine emollient. For those of use with dry skin, these products were a God send.