Honored Contributor

TOVA Cactine Line Relaunching

Saw this on Facebook:

Dear Friends,
Today is a very special day for myself and the TOVA brand as will be March 2nd! Why you ask? It was today 39 years ago that I drove to the local post office to pick-up Ernie's Fan mail (which I did regularly) only to have the Postmaster inform me that instead of Ernie having mail I had a bag of mail!! This was shortly after the paparazzi had printed headlines that I had found a skincare secret they dubbed as a "Facelift In A Jar", which referred to my Cactine Masque. I took my mail bag home and much to my surprise as I started to open all the envelopes, women from all over the United States had sent letters to me saying they wanted to purchase the Cactine Masque with checks enclosed- combined all the checks equaled $56,000! At this point I had not started my company nor even production in large quantities of this glorious product. It was a chaotic few days as I conferred with Ernie as to what to do- and as always with his supportive nature he reminded me this is really what I wanted to do, so go do it! Within weeks I established the TOVA Corp (which will celebrate 39 years on March 2nd), signed production deals in Mexico, had packaging produced and product delivered so we could pack and ship to all of the women who so trustingly sent checks to me. It was all hands in, Ernie and our friends frantically packed boxes and shipped (I often wonder if any of the women who received the first deliveries knew that an Academy Award winning actor had so meticulously packed their boxes!) to my customers. From that little moment of time, which came about from you- the women who wanted high quality, effective Beauty products to make them feel beautiful and strong, it has been 39 years filled with creating, producing and continuing to add products that are unlike any other, filled with multi-beneficial ingredients, the highest quality ingredients and continue to be some of the most effective products found. Today, I reflected on how chaotic and scary yet exciting that moment was 39 years ago and how it was a moment that changed my life forever. I would have never dreamed that I and my brand would still be creating, producing and selling 39 years later- let alone have one of the world's top selling fragrances! I am excited that after a small break in production that this year I was able to start to re-introduce the Cactine Skincare line with more to come over the next year. And to think I have known and produced a Cactus based skincare line all these years with it's immense benefits that are more powerful and beneficial than even Argon!
Today, I send thanks to each and every one of you for giving me the opportunity to continue to fulfill my passions, without your love, support and continued purchasing none of this would be possible. I remind all of you, you never know when your opportunity to grab hold of your dreams and aspirations may "pop" into your life. It happens at the most unexpected times and no matter your circumstance, financial situation or preparedness- it is up to you to take the leap of faith and passion, grab hold and enjoy the ride, no matter how bumpy it may be at times!
With Love,
Tova

Respected Contributor

Re: TOVA Cactine Line Relaunching

That would be wonderful. They were gerat products.

Respected Contributor

A few cactine products are available on her website beautybytova dot com

Valued Contributor

Is the Castine line going to be sold on QVC?
Honored Contributor

@Chisos, for now only available on her website.

Honored Contributor

Tova is one class act! What a beautiful classy lady!

Frequent Contributor

Tova relaunched her cactine beauty bars last year. I bought them. They are wonderful!!

They are the best product I've ever used to wash my face. They made my face brighter, softer, plumper and got rid of all my redness.  You can use all over your body, too. Men can use them also.

A month ago or so Tova came out with her cactine emollient. It's nice to use on dry patches of skin-very moisturing.

She'll be coming out with more cactine products later this year. All available at her website beautybytova.com or call her beauty rep and place an order.                                          

Honored Contributor

I used to use the Cactine Emolient, wonder what the ingredients were in that?

I'm faithful to another brand and can't see that ever changing, but I would be interested in her developing more fragrances.

I still wear her Signature (the Platinum version) and have the originals for Body Mind & Spirit, TOVA Nights and Nirvana.

Trusted Contributor

I used to use the Cactine skincare line over 20 years ago. Loved that mask.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm

The first ingredient listed in the Cactine Emollient is petrolatum.  I am going to pass.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown