Honored Contributor

Skincare/Makeup Brands You Love or Hate or Both

It dawned on me that I have a Love/Hate relationship with Estee Lauder.  I don't like most of their makeup, I love a few of their cleansers.  I used to love Night Repair serum, now I hate it because it makes my face red.

I love almost everything I have ever tried from Shiseido.

Love a lot of things from L'Occitane, don't like a few like some hand creams.

Used to dislike Clinique, now I like some skincare that are light for oily skin.  Dislike most makeup because the packaging is crummy. 

Any brands that you mostly have had wonderful or awful luck with? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Skincare/Makeup Brands You Love or Hate or Both

[ Edited ]

I just purchased Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation for the first time this morning. I hope I love it!

I wouldn't say "hate" but I'm disappointed that my holy grail Philosophy MDW changed their formula.

Respected Contributor

I shy away from Neutrogena. Every product that I loved from them over the years has been discontinued, including a lash tint, nail product and tinted lip balm.

Respected Contributor

I love Mac! It has been my favorite since I first discovered it at Macy's 20 some years ago. 

I will try anything from any line, if it interests me. Maybe not any Kardashian line, but if you all talk about something enough, I may still be tempted.

Super Contributor

Total lovefest since I first tried their products - MAC and Makeup Forever.  Their wide range and diversity of color immediately appealed to me.  Also, the quality of their products has never wavered. 

Even though I purchased Clarisonic brushes twice over the years, this product never benefited my skin.  Total waste of money.

Honored Contributor

I pretty much avoid Revlon.  I've had too many disappointments with their makeup.  

Can't use Olay skincare, breaks me out.  I remember my mother used the original Oil of Olay.  But, I do love their little spinbrush for cleansing my face.  Don't know if they still make it or not, but I bought a few of the replacement heads just in case.  I remember when I was a teenager there was a brush like that which was sold mostly for teenage skin.  It fit in the palm of your hand, but technology being what it was back then it wasn't totally waterproof.  For years I used a manual brush, but it is very difficult to find one that is neither too soft or too scratchy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't like anything Olay. I use it for a couple of weeks and my skin will be dry and peeling. Lately Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion is super greasy after a couple of hours. Maybe because it's so hot everything gets greasy.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Drunk Elephant skincare for a year and love it.

As much as I wanted to love Perricone, every face product pilled and I had tiny globs of product everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a thing for Estee Lauder facial care and foundation.  Got to the point where it was breaking the bank and breaking me out.  I was using their revitalizing supreme line.  The makeup that I was matched for matched my neck (like I prefer) but it made me look chalky.  Didn't buy a new color just dropped the brand.

I used love MAC too (compact).  Had to reapply too often.  I do like their lippies though.

I now use CerAve cleanser and night/day creams and Fenty Beauty.  I use Kat Von Dee lippies.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I use a variety of brands for both skin care and makeup so there's not a particular brand I love or hate. I've purchased products from various lines - some ok, some good, some horrible. The thing I hate the most is when a product I like and use is discontinued.