Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 8/28?

My list is for 2 weeks.

I used up:

-a bar of Nubian Heritage soap.  This was drying.  I don't think I will buy their soap again.

-a .5 oz. tube of Purlisse Blue Lotus Seed Mud Mask and Exfoliant.  This was okay.  Not something I liked enough to purchase (it was a deluxe sample), but it did exfoliate.

-a Tony Moly Master Lab Intensive Moisturizing Ceramide Sheet Mask.  Tony Moly sheet masks are not the best.  But I do like to have a sheet mask sitting on my face sometimes while I listen to a meditation before bed.  It's okay for that.

-St. Ives Refresh & Revive Pear Nectar and Soy Body Wash.  This was an okay body wash.  It wasn't too drying or too scented or anything.  Lathered nicely.  I still had to put on body lotion after using it, but it did the job of getting me clean.

-Mill Creek Botanicals Unscented Lotion.  I really like this stuff.  It's light enough to not be sticky or greasy, but heavy enough for me to feel moisturized.

-a full size bottle of Mac Fix+.  I use this to foil shadows more than I use it on my face, but I sometimes use it on my face.  I like it for either purpose.  

-a bottle of e.l.f. Matte Magic Mist and Set setting spray.  Using this is exactly the same as using water.  I was hoping I could use it in place of face powder, but it doesn't mattify.  I don't understand the point.  

-a bottle of The Ordinary's Niacinamide and Zinc serum.  I love this stuff.  It keeps me from getting little closed comedones in areas of my face that are prone to those.  I stopped using it for awhile and remembered why I like it so much.

I tossed:

-a bottle of Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in shade "Celestial."  I've tried using this mixed in with foundation, and just one drop makes me look like the tin man.  I've tried using it as a highlighter, but it messes up my foundation.  I put it on my eyes to see if I would like it as an eyeshadow, but it looks...disappointing.  I just got tired of trying to make this product work in some way.

-a tube of NYX Slip Tease Full Color Lip Oil in shade "Entice."  The color of this was really pretty.  What I didn't like was the fact that it was neither moisturizing nor long-lasting, and it leaked all over the place.  I started storing it upright instead of with my other lip products, but would forget to use it.  So just decided to toss it instead of trying to push myself to use it.  I have enough lip products that there is no sense in doing that.

That's it for now.  I hope everyone is doing well. Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Jumping in late because we just got back from a weekend camping trip with son and daughter-in-law. 

Used up:

Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in 1N2.  This is the second bottle I used up, takes me about a year and a half since I also rotate through other foundations.  This is my favorite and have a new one waiting.

Jergens Daily Glow gradual self-tanning lotion in light/medium.  Another staple that I always replace.

Tossed:

A travel size Native deodorant.  It was in my travel makeup bag and had turned brown.  Eeuw, out it went.  

Respected Contributor

Hi Beauties,

I finished up a bottle of Montana Ranch Emu Oil Conditioner. I'm glad it's gone. I used to use it, but grew out of it. That's why this one is still lingering around. I hope I still don't have another hiding out somewhere in my closet. I still like their Emu emergency stick. It's great for burns, bug bites, and dryness. 

I tossed a Revlon old red tweezer that sucked from day one. I have many other Tweezers, so I won't have to replace. I learned and only buy Tweezerman now. You can actually send them in for sharpening and they come back like new!

Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure of the scent. Is the cologne the same scent as the cream? I'm looking for a soft rose scent. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@artycat Are you addressing to a specific poster? If so put @ sign, then you will see the poster's names. That way they can answer your question.