Respected Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 6/26?

[ Edited ]

Good morning, Beauties!

What did you use up this week?  I didn't use up anything, but I did toss several lip balm and lipsticks that are more than 2 years old (some are really old!!). A few Revlon, a few Maybelline, and a few Laura Gellers. I have WAY too many lip products. Note to self, stop buying lipsticks, lip gloss or lip balms for a while.

Share your empties and tosses.

Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 6/26?

I was out of my Avon peel pads, when I received my new ones and went to put them away , there was a brand new box. I swear I never saw them, I'm losing it, 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a sample of Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Mild).  Nothing bad about it, nothing remarkable about it.

-a 3 oz. bottle of B&BW Cherry Blossom fragrance mist.  This scent is a classic and does not give me a headache like many of their newer scents do.

-a sample of Peach & Lily...some sort of essence.  I put the rest of my skincare on right after it and don't know if it did anything.  

-a Rimmel foundation I'd poured into a bottle with a pump.  I don't think you can get it anymore.

-a tube of Revlon Volumazing Mascara.  This was okay.  It didn't give me raccoon eyes or flake off and was easy to remove.  But it didn't give me as much volume as I would've liked.  

-a bottle of Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum.  I like this, but suspect another vitamin C serum might be more effective.  I have a new bottle of this to use, but am thinking of trying other brands in the future. 

I tossed:

-8 single eyeshadow pans that were old.

-an Avon Glimmersticks brow definer that was old.

-a tube of Colourpop So Juicy Plumping Gloss.  I didn't enjoy the tingle of this and never reached for it, then noticed it had started to separate.  So figured there was no point in keeping it.

That's everything for this week.  I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!

PetsLady's Pick: Funny Squirrel Vacation Of The Day | Petslady.com

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Perlier 25% Shea Shower Cream-.Came in a set of three,  Almond and  Citrus smelled fine. The Coconut  Milk smells awful ,like rotten or soured food. Disgusting and could not get rid of it fast enough. I have been disappointed in Perkier. The Lavender is so faint, can hardly smell it in their products. 

Esteemed Contributor

Used up a Mally liner. Replaced with same. Tossed an old ELF liner brush that I use with Anastasia brow pomade. Replaced brush with same.

Used up 2 boxes of tissues from master bath and powder room. Replaced with same. 

All replacements came from my stash except the liner brush which was a new purchase.

Between the virus, hot weather and a bum knee I am wearing little to no MU. If I do anything it's brows, eye liner and occasionally Mally shadow stick. No idea when we will be rocking lip color again.

Respected Contributor

I used up a Perricone cold plasma sub d neck cream. Still have two more in my stash. I'm actually sick of this and wish I had not stockpiled so much!

Respected Contributor

TGIF beauties. I used up:  

L’oreal foil Sample packets of rebalancing clay shampoo & conditioner.  I liked this but just using up samples.  

Maybelline full & soft mascara.  It’s ok, nothing great.  Replaced with a L’oreal from stash.  Hit my three month mark for mascara.  

Not using tons of product still working remotely.  Not too much face and lips products with these masks.  Have a great weekend ladies.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Pacifica Island Vanilla Body Butter-this was nothing special, hydration just meh, smell just ok, would not repurchase this, glad it is gone. Also, we have had a couple of real humid days here in New York this last week and this lotion seemed to not absorb well into the skin at all on the humid days. Replacing with Bobbi Brown Beach Body Oil from the stash, this is older and discontinued but it still smells divine and feels great.

I can relate to all who are not using their face and lip products. Same here.

Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Valued Contributor

@momoftwo2007 I hear you!  I have so many lip products, always looking for the perfect nude lip color.  I have vowed to buy no more until I use up a significant part of my stash.  

Valued Contributor

Hello to all.  Hope your week went well.

This week I used up:

Paula's Choice Shine Stopper Instant Matte finish.  This product alone mattifies my skin but doesn't last all day.  I find if I mix it with any primer, it improves the staying power of my foundation a lot.  I have repurchased.

Hada Labu eye cream.  I get this online from Target and use it during the daytime.  Nice and hydrating without being greasy.

That's it for this week.  Have a great weekend!