Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 4/16?

Finished another tube of Gold Bond Neck & Chest.  Replaced with same, of course.  When I wear the Gold Bond, my neck is smooooth.  If I forget to apply it, my neck is a little crepey.  So I always wear it.

Like @JudyL said, I look forward to this thread every week to read what products everyone loved... and didn't love.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Tree Hut Harvest Chai Shea Sugar Scrub- this was nice, I enjoyed the scent. I believe it was a limited edition. Replaced with Origins Smoothing Salt Body Scrub from the stash.

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Super Contributor

Hi Beauties,

This week I used up:

Glossier Body Hero Daily Oil Wash and it's fantastic however I have too many other things I need to use up and won't be repurchasing for a while.  I wish I could use this everyday.

Thrive Cosemetics Buildable Blur CC in Natural Beige - I like but think IT has better overall coverage but this one is better for my skin.  

BBW Sweet Apple Gentle Foaming Soap - replacing it with BBW Apple Hibiscus 

BBW Cotton & Freesia Gentle Foaming Soap - This soap was a little too strong and replacing with Berry Merlot

Have a great weekend

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Paula's Choice 1% Retinol Treatment - I think this is a good retinol however I have moved on to tretinoin. I like the airtight packaging of this but I was surprised when it ran out. 

Valued Contributor

Happy Weekend, friends!

This week I used up:

Too Faced Born This Way loose powder.  I was not crazy about this powder but it wasn't terrible so I used it up, took forever as it is a HUGE container.  Replaced with No. 7 Lift & Luminate Pressed powder which I like a lot.

LaRoche Posay Toleraine Ultra Eye Cream.  I really like this for daytime use and replaced with same.  At night I use ROC Retinol Correxion eye cream.

Hask Charcoal Purifying Dry Shampoo.  This was a deluxe travel size and I like it but not enough to purchase.  I don't use dry shampoo often and have others to use up.

Tossed:

Tarte Big Ego eyebrow pomade.  I liked this but after over a year it was dried out.  Now using Anastasia Dipbrow.

Honored Contributor

@laurelei wrote:

Happy Weekend, friends!

This week I used up:

Too Faced Born This Way loose powder.  I was not crazy about this powder but it wasn't terrible so I used it up, took forever as it is a HUGE container.  Replaced with No. 7 Lift & Luminate Pressed powder which I like a lot.

LaRoche Posay Toleraine Ultra Eye Cream.  I really like this for daytime use and replaced with same.  At night I use ROC Retinol Correxion eye cream.

Hask Charcoal Purifying Dry Shampoo.  This was a deluxe travel size and I like it but not enough to purchase.  I don't use dry shampoo often and have others to use up.

Tossed:

Tarte Big Ego eyebrow pomade.  I liked this but after over a year it was dried out.  Now using Anastasia Dipbrow.

@laurelei - How is the RoC Retinol Correxion eye cream?  Right now I"m using Elemis but am going to have to look for a more economical replacemet I think.  I've read good things about this RoC eye cream so am curious to hear what you think.

Valued Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@laurelei wrote:

Happy Weekend, friends!

This week I used up:

Tossed:

@laurelei - How is the RoC Retinol Correxion eye cream?  Right now I"m using Elemis but am going to have to look for a more economical replacemet I think.  I've read good things about this RoC eye cream so am curious to hear what you think.

@JudyL I have been using the Roc eye cream for a few years.  I have very sensitive skin around my eyes and it's the only one I can use.  I started with their sensitive formula retinol eye cream and that helped me acclimate to using retinol around my eyes.  I think it works very well.  At age 65, I hardly have any crows feet and minimal wrinkles below my eyes.  Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

Hi Beauties,

Discarded /Repurchases

Clinique Moisturize Surge CC I liked it. Had it a long time. 

NYX Doll Eye waterproof  dried out but like this.

Discarded/ No repurchase 

JM Argan black oil mascara/ smudges too much

Used up

JM Argan Daily moisturizer SPF 47/ like the tinted one better. 

Montana Emu Ranch Emu emergency stick. Love this for bites and burns, dry patches. This comes in a chapstick like tube. Easy to carry. Have a stash of these. 

Calista Embellish Finishing Spray. I like this. I works well but find it pricey and the nozzle clogs all the time. For the price, it should be more reliable. In the morning, it's inconvenient to have a clogged nozzle when you're already running late for work! I have another and although I complain; if I see a deal on it I'll probably rebuy. I have problematic hair and even with its nozzle issue, this formula seems to work on this stringy mop.

Thats all folks. Have a safe and great week! 

Honored Contributor

Used up a Bite Beauty Agave Lipbalm  Replaced with Nivea All Day Moisturizer.

I noticed on Sephora reveiews that many people complained of Bite Beauty changing the formula of the agave lip balm. I have to agree, it's not the same as it was 3 years ago. 

I use this on my lips before sleep.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a sample of Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation.  This was okay, but maybe a little too dewy.  Also was hard to wash out of the foundation brush I used.  It did transfer onto my mask even after setting powder, but it wasn't too bad.  Not sure if I would purchase this.  The fact that I had to wash my foundation brush 5 times to get all the makeup out is the main reason I lean towards no.  Have never had to work so hard to get foundation out of a brush before.

-a .35 oz tube of L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream.  This smelled pleasant, but the smell was too strong.  And it wasn't any better at moisturizing than a drugstore lotion.  Not something I would purchase.

-a sample of Youth To The People Kale + Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser.  There wasn't even enough cleanser in the package to fully get my face clean.  I guess they think their cleanser is too precious to waste.  If it's that precious, they can keep it.

I tossed a sample of BB cream that was expired.

That's all for this past week.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend. 🌼

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org