Contributor

TATCHA QUESTION??????? Please help.......

I received this yesterday. Are you supposed to use both products morning and night? It does not really say................

Honored Contributor

Re: TATCHA QUESTION??????? Please help.......

Check out the product video for directions. It's oil cleanser at night, enzyme powder in the morning.

Esteemed Contributor

You can use both morning and night. I do. I use both with my clarisonic. I notice today that JM is offering her own version of the rice powder. Maybe a bit less expensive but I haven't paid a lot of attention to the size of her product as opposed to Tatcha. I do love the Tatcha Camelia Cleansing Oil and the Rice Powder.

Honored Contributor

I use the oil cleanser at night because it's good for removing makeup. You could use it both morning and night if you wanted. You can use the powder morning or night, but I would not suggest you use it for both. I only use it 1-2 times a week or it irritates my sensitive skin.

Super Contributor

Despite how you're *supposed* to use it, here's what I do:

1) Moosh the oil around my face concentrating on my eye makeup. (Actually, I find myself lovingly massaging it in, almost swooning! It just feels soooo good.)

2) Just a few splashes of water to turn it into that "milk", but still having an oily feeling.

3) Do the rice powder wet (per directions) and just "wash" with that.

4) DRENCH my Clarisonic in water then on the lowest setting go over my face -- I feel like I'm cleaning and kind of doing a pre-rinse.

Rinse like a fool (former Erno Laszlo devotee - at least 30 rinses).

Someone here asked Tatcha if the rice powder can be used w/Clairsonic and they recommeded against it because that might cause over-exfoliation. Well, the Clarisonic is NOT an exfoliator (as the presenter keeps stressing). The inner brushes just vibrate and the outer ones are just there to contain the splash. That being said, the bristles have GOT to exfoliate to a certain extent, so it might have bothered me if I had sensitive skin -- which I don't.

AND, I don't find the rice powder grainy at all -- it dissolves into a creamy lather. Doesn't feel any different than any of my other cleansers in that regard.

I know I'll get lots of criticism for doing it this way, but it works beautifully for me, so just sharing. Lisa R mentioned she used the products this way -- Oil, Rice Powder w/Clarisonic, and Victoria didn't clutch the pearls, so that's why I tried it. And if I were Tatcha I'd recommend the most conservative, gentle approach, too. But for those who can handle it, I recommend trying this to see if it works for you.<.p>

Super Contributor

If you go to the rice enzyme powder product page at the Tatcha website and click on the FAQS link underneath the picture, you will get a wealth of information on how to use the product.

The following information is from there:

"What step in my skin care ritual is the Polishing Powder?
Use of the polishing powder is the 2nd step in your TATCHA ritual. For best results, use after removing makeup with the Camellia Cleansing Oil, then followed with the Deep Brightening serum and a Tatcha moisturizer."

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2014 MarenSeattle said:

1) Moosh the oil around my face concentrating on my eye makeup. (Actually, I find myself lovingly massaging it in, almost swooning! It just feels soooo good.)

2) Just a few splashes of water to turn it into that "milk", but still having an oily feeling.

4) DRENCH my Clarisonic in water then on the lowest setting go over my face -- I feel like I'm cleaning and kind of doing a pre-rinse.

Someone here asked Tatcha if the rice powder can be used w/Clairsonic and they recommeded against it because that might cause over-exfoliation. Well, the Clarisonic is NOT an exfoliator (as the presenter keeps stressing). The inner brushes just vibrate and the outer ones are just there to contain the splash. That being said, the bristles have GOT to exfoliate to a certain extent, so it might have bothered me if I had sensitive skin -- which I don't.

AND, I don't find the rice powder grainy at all -- it dissolves into a creamy lather. Doesn't feel any different than any of my other cleansers in that regard.

I know I'll get lots of criticism for doing it this way, but it works beautifully for me, so just sharing. Lisa R mentioned she used the products this way -- Oil, Rice Powder w/Clarisonic, and Victoria didn't clutch the pearls, so that's why I tried it. And if I were Tatcha I'd recommend the most conservative, gentle approach, too. But for those who can handle it, I recommend trying this to see if it works for you.<.p>

MarenSeattle, do you also use the rice powder over your eyes? (Just curious.) (I got their samples.)

Trusted Contributor

Do not use the enyzme powders morning and night to start! And do not use the enzyme powders with a Clairsonic to start either. You need to make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to it or that your skin is sensitive. I'd recommend using the powder once a day for a week. If you don't have any reaction, then you can probably try it for both AM and PM washing. I do use and love the Tatcha Cleansing oil but I had a bad reaction to the enzyme cleansers but I also started out using it twice a day. My skin turned red and stung like a burn. I determined I had a reaction to either the talc or papaya enzyme in the powders. So that is why I recommend starting slow to make sure your skin can tolerate it. I wish the powders had worked for me cause it definitely did clean out my pores but my skin just could not tolerate it. And I don't have sensitive skin either. Good luck!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

I only use the cleansing oil (1st), and then the enzyme powder after that, at night. I follow with their creams. I use the enzyme powder about 4-5 times a week.

In the morning I just can't and don't think I need to, use the cleansing oil on my face. I use a mild facial cleanser in the shower and follow with Tatcha creams.

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2014 Harpa said:
On 1/7/2014 MarenSeattle said:

MarenSeattle, do you also use the rice powder over your eyes? (Just curious.) (I got their samples.)

Harpa,; just lightly, enough to remove the oil residue (which isn't much by that point). It's so creamy, not gritty, so I feel brave enough to use it. No problem. But as I said, my skin seems to be able to withstand anything I assault it with! :-)

EDIT -- have you tried the samples yet? I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the rice powder is creamy and non-gritty. Of course, mixing it with the Camellia "milk" might make the difference, too.