Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I hope  she changes things up... on Evine Live she always had the same ol things over and over again along with that boring face "THING" she touts as what she uses to keep her face lifted( yea sure......).

Her vitamin line is nothing special... Life Extension products with her own label on them and way over priced.   I would never purchase her supplements.

She was more fun when she sold clothes and her costume jewelry lines on HSN, but, I doubt she will come back with those again. When she had her food line that was more interesting... maybe she will bring that back again.  

I am not really a fan of SS at all @SeaMaidenand I think she is really misinformed on many things including natural ingredients being so much better for the skin than "chemicals". That just isn't factual at all. 

However microcurrent facials have been around for a while. I think their effect when done as a facial once a month or so is not really effective because it isn't enough but when microcurrent is used on a weekly basis can have positive effects on the face because it helps lift muscles. As a matter of fact, it was first used to help with Bells Palsy patients and other facial paralysis. 

I have a very old SS microcurrent machine that I got about 12-15 yrs ago now. I have the very same one and I have meant to get a newer version but this one still works. When I go more than 4-7 days I can see a definite difference in my eyes and mouth. When I do the treatment and start with one eye, I can tell a big difference. The treated eye is much more lifted than the one that isn't. The same with my mouth. It definitely shows a lifted appearance however it needs to be done several times a week to keep it up. 

We have a large and pretty expensive microcurrent machine at work. I took my SS machine several years ago to show the derms and plastic surgeon where I work. They were so impressed with it especially because it was something that could be done more often (which is what is needed to keep up improvements) at home and was pretty cost effective compared with the price for the microcurrent facial in a salon/derms office which can range from about $80-$150 a session. I think I paid around $125-$150 for the SS one I bought it years ago.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

It saddens me to my core that we have to bash women for how they look, how they dress, the color of their hair, etc, when we should be celebrating each other for our differences, and respect that each of us is different and unique and that is what makes us all so very special.

Valued Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers ???

[ Edited ]

A 70 year old woman is coming onto the Q AGAIN - she started her home shopping career here years before she went to HSN. She will begin by selling vitamins. And here we are dissing her hair and some sun damage on her skin. . What???? What in the world does this have to do with the product the woman represents? 

A few people here might know her or have known her in the past or peripherally. Others do not know her at all but hate her hair or her desire to remain as vital as possible for as long as possible. There is nothing wrong with that effort. And maybe she has made a few mistakes in public over a 50 year career - who hasn't made big mistakes? 

Public figures or celebrities are just people with feelings and experiences just like ours. Can you imagine reading this thread with your name where hers is? Women tearing each other down and thinking the worst based on very little information - some of which may be totally false rumors. That is so sad.

Honored Contributor

@jewel3 wrote:

A 70 year old woman is coming onto the Q AGAIN - she started her home shopping career here years before she went to HSN. She will begin by selling vitamins. And here we are dissing her hair and some sun damage on her skin. . What???? What in the world does this have to do with the product the woman represents? 

A few people here might know her or have known her in the past or peripherally. Others do not know her at all but hate her hair or her desire to remain as vital as possible for as long as possible. There is nothing wrong with that effort. And maybe she has made a few mistakes in public over a 50 year career - who hasn't made big mistakes? 

Public figures or celebrities are just people with feelings and experiences just like ours. Can you imagine readering  this thread with your name where hers is? Women tearing each other down and thinking the worst based on very little information - some of which may be totally false rumors. That is so sad.

Suzanne is new to the Q, she even said Tues eve that this was her first time ever on the Q.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jewel3 wrote:

Public figures or celebrities are just people with feelings and experiences just like ours. Can you imagine readering  this thread with your name where hers is? Women tearing each other down and thinking the worst based on very little information - some of which may be totally false rumors. That is so sad.

@jewel3, I'm with you on the bashing of her looks. But you do know that that is what many posters do on these forums, especially on Beauty.

I'm not going to get into a litany of what I think she's said and done that I consider to be big mistakes. They've been been posted many, many times by many, many people. 

I have no problem with people making "big mistakes," as long as they own up to them. From what I've seen of her over the years, that's not likely to happen. She seems to have an abundance of...self-assurance? I guess that's as good a euphemism as any.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I pretty much just don't watch anything with her, I could be wrong but we all have different tastes in people ..... she seems too full of herself.

Respected Contributor

@poppinfresh wrote:

It saddens me to my core that we have to bash women for how they look, how they dress, the color of their hair, etc, when we should be celebrating each other for our differences, and respect that each of us is different and unique and that is what makes us all so very special.

Yes, and differences of opinion makes us all special too. What a dull world it would be if we all always agreed with each other. We are not bashing we are expressing our opinions.

I'm the first person to tell a woman in a supermarket or on the street how pretty their hair is or what nice skin they have so I am not mean spirited. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

I hate to pile on because of someone's looks, but I felt she looked awful. Way too much makeup, sundamage, fake hair.  She just refuses to age naturally and gracefully. Why do so many women refuse to age with grace in this country?  They look more ridiculous trying to maintain youth that faded dedaes ago. 

BUT....Really? I get the impression, you & others  are thoroughly enjoying the 'pile on' ...it has nothing to do with expressing an opinion or have a different opinion, it's a much darker reason. Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@kelliegirl56 wrote:

I pretty much just don't watch anything with her, I could be wrong but we all have different tastes in people ..... she seems too full of herself.

I don't find her too full of herself at all.  She appears super kind and gracious. 

When she did a cruise years ago with women from HSN and other followers, the comments on the HSN boards were extremely favorable as far as her being very kind and fun to be around.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
New Contributor

Have you noticed or is it me?  The hosts spend more time eating the food than talking about it.  Truly, this is so rude!  Eat before you go to work, don't talk to us w/your mouth full!