Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm not sure, @Judaline, but I have little respect or trust for the brand or the owner.  She was caught writing fake product reviews, having employees create fake accounts and write glowing product reviews, having them dislike negative reviews, etc.  This went on for a period of two yesrs. 

Yes, I remember hearing that. Then I heard it wasn't true. Who knows. I wouldn't think that QVC would have her products if it was true. Or Lisa Rinna's for that matter. So I'll give this person the benefit of the doubt and maybe get the retinol oil. It contains retinoate. Supposedly better than retinol and close to retin A which I can't use. HSN has free shipping and flex pay so that's where I'll get it. But I wanted to know if it's anti aging. 

I read this if there's anyone who can't tolerate Retin A like me:

Bottom line

Retinyl retinoate is a promising new retinoid precursors and vitamin A derivative. It may approach retinoic acid (a.k.a. tretinoin, Retin-A) in effectiveness yet produce far less irritation. It may also be more stable than comparable retinoid precusror and vitamin A derivatives, such as retinol and retinaldehyde. Thus retinyl retinoate may possess the best features of retinoids and retinoid precursors all in itself. Unfortunately, all the research on retinyl retinoate appears to come from the same source, which makes it much harder to rely on the findings, however encouraging they may seem. Before retinyl retinoate can be recognized as an established and possibly superior skin care agent, its benefits need to be proven in studies conducted by other independent teams of researchers.

The FTC got involved and there was a settlement.  That doesn't happen when someone is innocent.  

Wow. Guess it doesn't bother the Q.

Why would it?  It's all about money.  Has nothing to do with integrity.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I bought a small sample kit from ebay-been using for a few days. Wouldn't you know I like them all?? Retinol oil (it's blue) I really like. The good genes is a nice base serum but not sure what it does. The vitamin C is reeely nice. No reaction to it. The moisturizer in a blue jar is light and very nice but I don't need a new moisturizer. SO! Since a little does NOT go a long way with all of these products minus the retinol oil, and since they are costly, I need to know one thing. Are they anti-aging? Anyone know their history? Or are they too new to say?

'Anti-aging' refers mostly to products which make you appear younger. Most any moisturizer can do that. Science-based tretinoin is the only official wrinkle-reducing and anti-aging product currently holding the gold standard.  All other creams, lotions, serums and potions are products which give results based on clinical findings rather than facts and that can be very objective. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I bought a small sample kit from ebay-been using for a few days. Wouldn't you know I like them all?? Retinol oil (it's blue) I really like. The good genes is a nice base serum but not sure what it does. The vitamin C is reeely nice. No reaction to it. The moisturizer in a blue jar is light and very nice but I don't need a new moisturizer. SO! Since a little does NOT go a long way with all of these products minus the retinol oil, and since they are costly, I need to know one thing. Are they anti-aging? Anyone know their history? Or are they too new to say?

'Anti-aging' refers mostly to products which make you appear younger. Most any moisturizer can do that. Science-based tretinoin is the only official wrinkle-reducing and anti-aging product currently holding the gold standard.  All other creams, lotions, serums and potions are products which give results based on clinical findings rather than facts and that can be very objective. 

Oh, I must be really dumb. I thought anti-aging meant it would KEEP your face from aging. hahaha No wonder nothing has worked!

Respected Contributor

I have used a lot of skin care, including prescription, and SR is probably my overall favorite.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Oh, I must be really dumb. I thought anti-aging meant it would KEEP your face from aging. hahaha No wonder nothing has worked!

@Judaline 

'Anti-aging' could mean that, too. But nothing keeps any part of you from aging really, does it? Maybe slows down the effects of aging. Exercising regularly can help you stay younger looking, too, b/c it helps shuts down the aging process in our chromosomes (mitochondria)...the root of all aging.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm not sure, @Judaline, but I have little respect or trust for the brand or the owner.  She was caught writing fake product reviews, having employees create fake accounts and write glowing product reviews, having them dislike negative reviews, etc.  This went on for a period of two yesrs. 

I will NOT purchase this line because of this.. I have no idea if others do it, but since we know she  did,  not buying!!!!

Honored Contributor

As I said, I bought a small kit on ebay to try her stuff. I loved the blue oil retinol. Now it's about a week and my chin is peeling, JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH RETIN-A!!!! This is why I don't use Retin-A. It must be very strong and has made my face look nice until today. But it has things in it to keep from these side effects and is supposed to be very mild. I guess this is why people just use it every other day.

Honored Contributor

I will not consider using because some morning kit I saw had 7 or 8 items in it.  No way am I spending the time to use all these products at once.  And the fact she is very unethical seals the non-deal for me.  

Contributor

Months ago I bought a kit of Sunday Riley products and all items were full size.  There were several products I wanted to try so it was a good price for these items. I will not be purchasing any of these items again.  I prefer a light weight Vitamin C serum not a creamy one like Sunday Riley has. I do not feel the retinol serum does anything.   Good Genes is okay but again I prefer lactic acid in a watery form that sinks into the skin.  My friend who bought this kit at the same time  enjoys these products. Everyone has their own opinions so that is why there are so many products we can choose from.

Honored Contributor

I received a sample kit of 5 products in my Macy's Beauty Bag this month. I have been using this and only this for a week, and I must say I like the products. I don't know if I will re-purchase after reading about what she did however...

It's really too bad because I do really like what I have been using!!!