Trusted Contributor

any reviews on any of these products? 

Respected Contributor

You can go to beautypedia and Sephora to read reviews

Trusted Contributor

I've been wondering too.  See their products advertised quite a bit.

Honored Contributor

Many of the products are quite nice though there are ingredients that are often questioned.

The bigger issue is the way the owner operates her business; many refuse to support it because of her slimy tactics and her attitude about them. There are a few threads on this board you can search and read. Also google will bring them up.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Many of the products are quite nice though there are ingredients that are often questioned.

The bigger issue is the way the owner operates her business; many refuse to support it because of her slimy tactics and her attitude about them. There are a few threads on this board you can search and read. Also google will bring them up.

@SahmIam  - Are you talking about the fake reviews that the company encouraged the employees to write?

I read where an email was leaked out where the company was asking employees to each write 3 favorable reviews to Sephora.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Far more than that. I wrote about it so if you do a search, my post should come up.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@San Antonio Gal   Far more than that. I wrote about it so if you do a search, my post should come up.

Why don’t you simply share info here.  Couldn’t find you previous entry 

Honored Contributor

@CoG   Because it's a lot to type and I don't feel like retyping it. Odd, others found it in a search. 

Honored Contributor

@CoG    Took 15 seconds to find.

@San Antonio Gal Pasted from a previous thread I replied to:

I was a huge fan and supporter of Sunday Riley when she first came out; her products were unique and when she brought out her cosmetics, she had shades that were for the very pale, the very dark and everyone in-between.Her glosses were excellent; everything was. However, there were some issues....

1) Her line was set up so you HAD to speak to a sales person in one of her stores. So, unless you had a relationship with someone who knew her line, you were kinda stuck. Her packaging did NOT have any instructions. Online descriptions were vague. Barneys was the ONLY store that carried her line in the beginning. I had a great SA at the Boston store so I found the line to be amazing and used it for a few years until....

2) Her products weren't being restocked. This was when I started seeing the OTHER side of the company. I spoke directly with Department and Product Managers at Barneys as well as the counter manager for the Sunday Riley line and ALL told me she was stopping production on cosmetics as well as the bulk of the skincare line. She had grown too big too fast. There were issues with allergic reactions. Returns were starting to be an issue (Barneys does not have a generous return policy). At this time, her line was now in other department stores. I was having to go from store to store to find her products. They were out of stock on most items as well.

I told one of my SIL's about this issue (she had begun to use the line, which was NOT cheap) and she posted this situation on 2 forums; Makeup Alley as well as a well known beauty blogger site. HOLY MOLY DID SHE GET ATTACKED. It was ugly and crazy and disturbing. There were posters who were posting the same rude and horrible comments on both sites and dragging her through the mud on other posts she made as well. I personally know the beauty blogger and contacted her privately; she confirmed that she had been told the same thing by her SA at Barney's in California. Scary thing, she was contacted by Sunday Riley's PR and told to pull the article on her blog and comments else, she would face legal action. She did because she wasn't sure what was going on.

A few months later, the products were gone from all the counters save a few items and Sunday Riley PR said everything was coming back just new and improved. That did not happen and well, they lied about that as well.

3) Fast forward and the discovery that employees of Sunday Riley were told by her to write fake reviews on multiple sites regarding the products. To add insult to injury, when Sunday Riley was contacted and asked for a comment, she did NOT apologize but essentially said it was the norm in the industry and for people to get over it.

I will NOT give this person a penny of my money due to her attitude and her dishonest  tactics. Disgusting. 

Honored Contributor

It will be interesting to see how well the line does on QVC, as well as the reviews.  Will she force her employees to write 5-star reviews here (rhetorical question; not looking for an answer)?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.