Contributor

I am just home (in the frigid north) from a lovely week in Florida.  While there, I foolishly allowed myself to get a very bad sunburn, especially on my face.  I would appreciate any recommendations for the bumpy, peeling skin.  Thanks if you can help.

Respected Contributor

The best thing I have found for sunburned skin is to put aloe vera on it.  You can purchase or tearing off a piece from a plant and rub the liquid on, but I have the bottle of the green gel that can be bought at the local department store or pharmacy that I use.

I think the bumpy skin will just have to run it's course, and bubble up and peel off.  Sounds like that layer of skin is damaged.  Don't peel or pick at it, your clothing will just rub off the skin as it lifts and bubbles up. 

Try to stay out of the sun while its healing.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@kashakitty  Tea Tree oil and Tea Tree Soap.  I have never had a sunburn but I know that it heals burns quickly.  I have grabbed hot pans in the oven and if I immediately apply tea tree oil there will be no blister or pain.

Honored Contributor

Go to the drug store, get a small bottle of aloe vera.  I like to use it cold.  Put in fridge.  Use until the red goes away, then go back to regular skin routine.

Respected Contributor

YES aloe vera is the best! It works for so many things well.

Contributor

Thanks so much for the suggestions...and Aloe Vera it is!

Respected Contributor

Copper P  by Isomers on Evine. I do not travel without it anymore.

Honored Contributor

@kashakitty  I concur with using Aloe. If you don’t have any plants, you can buy 100% aloe Vera in the sun care section of the drug or health food store. Keep it cold; it feels so soothing when applying it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@kashakitty I agree with @SANNA about using Isomers Copper P serum, but unless you order it from Isomers directly, you probably won't get it in time to help.

Contributor

Thanks for the recent suggestions!  I am using aloe vera and doing pretty well.  The other products sound very helpful and may use them in the near future.  I appreciate the help!