Super Contributor
On 3/18/2015 2boxers said:

what's causing your acne? pollen in the air is what caused mine every spring and fall i'd break out antihistime clears it right up. also did it to my step sons and nephews you might check it out.

That's very interesting! I had never heard of pollen causing acne. At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you all found a solution! I can say that pollen is not the cause of my acne, however, as mine is ongoing, not seasonal. Thank you for the tip, though!

Super Contributor

Just an update for everyone:

I used the De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment last night as a mask, left it on for 10 minutes, and rinsed (I also followed with moisturizer). There was the slightest, and I do mean slightest, of odors, not bad at all! It's almost odorless, really. Anyway, there was no burning or tingling, which was awesome. It rinsed easily, too. This morning, I did notice a reduction in size of the current breakouts I have, which is great. It was not a HUGE reduction, but it was noticeable. Since I didn't experience any out-of-the-norm dryness, I'll use it nightly, rather than every other night, since it's just a thin layer, and see how it goes; if excessive dryness does happen, I'll reduce my usage. I like it so far. Based on one use, I would recommend it, but obviously, I'll need more time with it before giving a solid recommendation. Thank you to everyone for your responses! I really do appreciate it. Please keep the conversation going, for my benefit and others', if you see fit. Smile

Honored Contributor

Bye Bye Blemish is a sulfur treatment, very similar to SSC Dry Lo

Regular Contributor

I agree with the recs for the Bye Bye Blemish. It's the exact same product as the Mario Badescu, EradiKate, and SSC Dry-Lo, but it costs $10 at Ulta.

I like these 3 sulfur masks: Serious Skincare's, Peter Thomas Roth, and Dr. Gross.