Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for clarifying shampoo, please

Neutragena has a clarifying shampoo too--I use it a couple times a months--works well

Honored Contributor

Does this happen to anyone else??...after you use a clarifying shampoo, does it make your hair go completely limp and totally flat? It does mine, something terribleWoman Surprised.

Super Contributor

About every two weeks, I wash my hair with philosophy Purity Made Simple before washing with my regular shampoo. Works well and is non-drying. Just don’t expect the Purity to lather.

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

Suave, cheap and effective.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I own and use Acure Organics clarifying shampoo and conditioner.  Under $10 ea.  I buy mine at iherb.com  All their products are gentle - no sulfates, parabens, etc. and no animal testing.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I wrote about Beekman 1802 apple cider vinegar shampoo.

Look for my Success: Frizzy hair. They recommend using it once a week. Philosphy turns my hair into a Brillo pad; hairdresser told me to avoid clarifying shampoos. 

You do not use shampoo when you use this product. I consider it my clarifying shampoo.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:
Does this happen to anyone else??...after you use a clarifying shampoo, does it make your hair go completely limp and totally flat? It does mine, something terribleWoman Surprised.

@SilleeMee.....No, I haven't had that happen...What kind have you used?...I use the Neutrogena Clarifying Shampoo once a week and it leaves my hair so fresh and clean.

I do use a hydrating styling/finishing product afterwards like I do after using my regular shampoo.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

Limp and completely flat is my hair’s natural state! I don’t notice it being moreso (not that that is possible!) after using clarifying shampoos.

I have used Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo once a week. A white vinegar rinse (vinegar/water) used once or twice a week also works for me. And I have used baking soda, too, but it is messy and other things are easier.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

Limp and completely flat is my hair’s natural state! I don’t notice it being moreso (not that that is possible!) after using clarifying shampoos.

I have used Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo once a week. A white vinegar rinse (vinegar/water) used once or twice a week also works for me. And I have used baking soda, too, but it is messy and other things are easier.

Mine is pretty flat normally but it has a tiny bit of a natural wave in it except when I use a clarifying shampoo which seems to make it go really flat, straight and limp....awful.Woman Sad I have to use a crimping iron at the roots to lift my hair off my scalp...it's like cat hair, the way it just lays against my scalpWoman LOL...LOL! @willdob3

Honored Contributor

I've only used Suave Daily Clarifying.  Swear by it.  I have wavy fine textured hair.

I do first wash with Suave and then whatever other shampoo I'm using that day followed by rinse.    (I also use it for hand laundry! Fantastic for getting makeup off collars.)