Honored Contributor

Suddenly, probably with ear piercings!

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or jewelry, but I figured it could go either place. Any way - here goes --- Any one have problem with ear piercings suddenly that you have had for eons? My regular ones seem fine so far, but I have in one ear 2 additional piercings and the other, 1. I have probably have had them for over 30 years and they are just now giving me trouble --- getting terribly inflamed and infected! Has this happened to anyone else? I have not changed earrings. In fact, I have worn the same earrings all this time ---very tiny gold rubies and diamonds. Why would this suddenly be happening do you think? I don't seem to show any sign of reaction to my main piercings or to any other jewelry I am wearing. Also, is there a particular product that you think I should use to treat this? I have, of course, just taken the earrings out and have been cleaning my ears with alcohol and using an antibiotic ointment. I'm thinking I may just have to (once the infection is gone) allow the piercings to close --- which I would hate. Thanks for your advice!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin