Frequent Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Macy's Beauty Box, sometimes its smaller samples, but a lot of times they give you nice size samples and even full size items. I think its nice to try before you buy! I enjoy receiving it, although they have stopped for now due to the Pandemic.

I am also interested in Sephora's Beauty Box. Anyone subscribe to that one?

Sephora is no longer doing its Play subscription box unfortunately.

Frequent Contributor

I get Allure and BeautyFix (by Dermstore), but I look for spoilers and get the individual boxes I want. (Basically, I subscribe and then cancel when I don't want the upcoming box.) There are usually full sizes of several of the items; they're not all mini sizes. Allure is $15 a month, and you can subscribe on Amazon if you don't want to go through Allure. BeautyFix is $25.

Honored Contributor

I used to subscribe to Ipsy.  I don't remember how many I got before I canceled.  The make-up bags are throwaways. Despite the fact that you take a quiz prior and they ask what type of products you are interested in, it was like they gave me everything I wasn't interested in.  I decided I'd be better served to take that money and save it to buy myself something I'd really use.  

I have done Fabfitfun and am waiting for my second box. The one thing I like about that is you can customize some of the products to suit your needs.  I also like that it's not all one type of product.  It's make-up, skincare, haircare, home, accessories, etc.  

I was watching Boxy Charm opening on YouTube.  The girl said something that made a lot of sense.  If you are the type of person that has to love and use everything in every box or you consider it a waste of money, the boxes aren't for you.  If you are the type of person who will be happy that you love and will use a couple of products because they are worth more than the cost of the subscription, you will love these boxes.

As one who wants to use/love everything in the box, they aren't a good deal for me.   

Frequent Contributor

I have tried many of them and the only one I like and find a good value is Boxwalla.