Honored Contributor

I think I have one on my right eye, I am cleaning the eye twice daily, not wearing makeup these days.  Might be from wearing a sleep mask

Maybe hot compresses

I ordered something called Stye from Amazon

I am post op with a total hip replacement and can not get to an eye doc

Recommendations welcome

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Warm compresses usually work for me.

Respected Contributor

I’ve gotten styes before and for me a hot compress really helps in addition to using a lubricating eye drop (over the counter for dry eyes). 

Honored Contributor

I'm prone to styes (lucky me!).  I use warm compresses several times a day.  I have something from Stye that I got from Amazon.  You warm it in the microwave.  At my annual eye checkup recently, my Opthalmologist told me that if I had called or come to the office, they would have told me.....warm compresses several times a day.  And since I'm prone to them, I should use warm compresses a couples of time a day, even without a stye.  

Beyond that, it will eventually go away on its own.

Having said all that, once a couple of years ago, I had a very bad one that I hadn't been treated.  I went to the office and they did have to express it and prescribed a cream to put on. 

Respected Contributor

I am dealing with one right now in my lower lid on the right eye. I have been using Occusoft scrubs on it twice a day.

Respected Contributor

Soaked teabags do the trick for me, warm and quick working to get rid of them very fast. 

It's the tannic acid in tea that does wonders for skin/eye/mouth issues.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom always had me soak with a warm tea bag several times a day.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

It has been a few years since I had one but I would apply colloidal silver on a cotton ball to the area a few times a day whenever I felt a stye coming on and it would disappear quickly. Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic. 

Honored Contributor

Brew a cup of tea and use the warm teabag as a warm compress.  

Valued Contributor

Call your surgeons office so they can get you some antibiotics in the meantime if necessary.  And, yes...warm compresses.  See your primary care if nothing else.