Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Don't ask me why but I went bananas buying makeup starting last May.  I've finally started slowing down (she says with 4 or 5 open orders Smiley Surprised )   I admire it and play with it more than I wear it.  Also, I don't throw makeup away because it's out of date.  As long as there is nothing growing on it, it doesn't smell bad and it applies like it should, I'll keep it if I'm still using it.  I haven't been indoors as much for covid as I have my knee.  I'm finally getting the ball rolling on that and  hope to be having surgery in the next 3 months if not earlier.  Our state has been open for business for months.  My knee has kept me home more than covid has.

I don't throw out makeup either @monicakm  - other than mascara.  My makeup is fine with no bad smells or anything strange.  Can't imagine throwing out all my makeup.

Valued Contributor
I couldn’t care less about expiration dates on makeup. I guess I’ve been lucky not to have any crazy issues from using an expired product. I just won’t waste something if I like it.
Trusted Contributor

Me too, plus I had developed a bad allergy to all products containing talc about 2 years ago ,so I had to toss everything: blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, face powder, brow products  I had to buy all ' Clean' products.  Talc free products are all quite expensive.  I'm not tossing it all again.  I do abide by the 3 month rule with mascara though.

Honored Contributor

I laugh at expiration dates.  I'm perfectly capable of telling if something has gone bad.  Expiration dates were invented to keep stores rotating their inventory.  So the industry jumped on them as a way to sell more stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo for DS dupes, I stick with traditional name brands. I've had good luck in the past with L'Oreal foundations and just bought 2 of their lipsticks in summer pinky nudes.

If I'm on WFH and want a fresh, clean look for Zoom meetings and running curbside errands I sure don't need to break the bank with Armani or Natasha Denona.