Honored Contributor

Re: So, if you use a powder- like Milani brow fix kit...

On 10/20/2014 SnowKita said: Thanks for the input beauties. I can't image liking the feeling of having a wax or a pomade on my face. I think I will try just the powder first and see how that goes. You have given me some great product ideas to check out. Thanks so much.

They go on very lightly and I don't even notice them. They just get brushed over the brow hair, like styling products in your hair. Just don't put them on heavily, or they can feel sticky. I've never noticed feeling either one after I applied them. It's like shadow primer - I put that on before I apply my shadow and after I put my shadow on, I don't feel the primer anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Smashbox brow tech in taupe & brunette. If I use them without the wax it has no staying power. If I use the wax the application looks terrible. Worst SB product I've ever purchased.

I recently received IT Build a Brow in the jar. What a terrific product. Applies so natural & fast & it does not budge when dry. Smashbox & YBF pencils went in the trash.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE Dipbrow, but also use powder and pencil, at times (not all at the same time!) Smiley Happy I almost always groom my brows with blonde brow gel (I prefer Anastasia, but have used other brands). I have decent brows, and just think the brow gel not only holds the hair in place, but also locks the color in place. Also, I don't have super pale brows, but I have medium blonde hair, and have to be careful not to get my brows too dark, especially with my fair skin, and the blonde brow gel really gets them to the perfect color. HTH!! PS-- I've never had great luck with waxes. They tend to feel heavy and clumpy on me, but my mother, who has thinning brows, loves it!
Super Contributor

depending on how deep you color. Are your brows thick thin...consider these things .

A wax is nice yet can come off as sheen. I say if you can go to your craft store and grab an artist angled brush and tap the desired shade and start in the arch-HIGHEST POINT- add the first tap, and build inward in tapping motions. Build a second application if needed which you will find is needed at night. Lighter in day and a tap more in the evening.