Super Contributor

I do it. I apply my lip color, press my lips together, fill in using my finger. I blot if I have too much color on or it's too glossy.

I remember Leslie saying how much she hated seeing women doing it & her models did it all the time {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Trusted Contributor

I usually press them together, but I don't roll my lips back and forth. I think the models are told to do that for the presentations, so we see how good the lipgloss/stick feels. LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm not a lip smacker

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

LOL Those presentations drive me crazy! I don't do that either.

Oh my gosh--I thought I was the only one that HATES that!!!! In fact, I almost posted something similar. I think it looks overly theatrical and ridiculous. Plus, I think it takes OFF more product than it leaves on! Thanks for posting this--I don't feel so alone now--LOL!

Respected Contributor

Ever notice when there is a lipstick on that the models just keep putting on more and more and more and more and more?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor
Been a smoosher smacker for years ... As others have said, we are not as exaggerated, but we were taught that way in ye olden days. And as others said our moms blotted ... Lol
Frequent Contributor
Been a smoosher smacker for years ... As others have said, we are not as exaggerated, but we were taught that way in ye olden days. And as others said our moms blotted ... Lol
Super Contributor
OMGosh! When I seen the thread I thought about people smacking their food! Lol....I'm a nut....but no I'm not a smacker.....I do blot the way my mom did.....
Super Contributor

It depends on the lip product. If it is matte, I lightly blot and then I reapply for staying power. A glossy lipstick, I don't blot. I apply a thin layer and then press my lips together. Then add more if needed. The models have to have some activity so they don't appear static the entire presentation. We all do things slightly different. There is nothing wrong with that.

Super Contributor

Many of the beauty YOUTUBERs recommend that you do that after applying.