Regular Contributor
I've never used Wen, but I think this is the correct formula for volume. Can you ladies share your cleansing method if you have short hair? Thanks so much.
Respected Contributor

OP, Lavender is the formula designed to help with volume, yes Smile I don't have short hair, but there are pretty good directions on the bottle. Thoroughly wet your hair. Then take the total number of pumps you need, use half for a quick first cleanse (massage your scalp a bit and rinse a lot), add the rest of your pumps and enough water to make it nice and frothy, and leave that in for the rest of your shower for a longer second cleanse (with even more rinsing when you're done).

And welcome to WEN and the forum!

Super Contributor
I don't know how short your hair is, my hair ia just to my shoulders which is short for me. I have naturally straight hair, and it's moderate to oily. I find lavender a bit drying, but I do use it periodically, and sometimes mix it with something a bit more moisturizing, That said, I usually use the double cleanse method, 6 pumps in the first cleanse and 6-8 for the second. The first one I work in for a minute and rinse, the second I work in and let it sit while I wash everything else, then rinse my hair last. Once I am done rinsing, I apply one or two pumps of styling cream. The sc is a heat protectant, and I usually blow dry and use a curling iron on the ends. Also, if you have any questions I have read a lot of people highly recommend the customer service number on the bottle. Enjoy Michele
Trusted Contributor

I don't have short hair, just follow the guidelines on the bottle for the correct number of pumps. Like others have mentioned, take that number and divide it in half. Use half of the pumps for your first cleanse, rinse well, and use the remaining number of pumps for your second cleanse.

A few helpful hints:

Start with soaking wet hair. When apply the cleansing conditioner, focus on your scalp first, apply in sections and use your fingers to make sure it gets to your scalp. Add in enough water to make it "bloom". I actually stick my head back underneath the shower to two seconds, that's what works for me. When you add enough water, the cleansing conditioner will emulsify and become more easily spreadable. Use your fingertips (not nails) to really massage it into your scalp and make sure you work it through the length on your hair. Remember, it doesn't lather, so you have to massage well to help make it work.

Rinse well after your first cleanse, then apply the remaining pumps and repeat. Leave this on for the remainder of your shower and rinse, rinse, then rinse again at the end. I have to use my fingers to lift my hair away from my scalp to make sure it gets thoroughly rinse.

Best of luck, let use know how you like it.

Valued Contributor
I'll add to the others.....My hair is chin length, and fine/thin. I use 10 pumps for each cleanse from the 16oz bottle. Apply to your hair thoroughly then add a big splash of water. For this step I dip my head under the shower stream for a few seconds. And this is an important step. When you add the water it becomes lighter and almost frothy/foamy. Treat the first cleanse like a shampoo. Make sure and cleanse your scalp well and then rinse well. Second cleanse do the same but really work it in to your midshaft and ends well, more like a conditioning step. Leave this cleanse on for the duration of your shower then rinse really well. I stress the adding a large splash of water because this is what I was missing the first few times I used Wen, and my hair was weighed down and didn't feel very clean. I really think you'll like it! It has given me great hair for the first time. And now 6 months in I'm having great hair days everyday! I use several Wen products now, but I started with just the Cleansing Conditioner and added other products slowly. The people here are so helpful so if you have any questions feel free to ask them! I hope you enjoy your Wen experience! Welcome!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Valued Contributor
On 7/15/2014 DoxieMomma said:

I don't have short hair, just follow the guidelines on the bottle for the correct number of pumps. Like others have mentioned, take that number and divide it in half. Use half of the pumps for your first cleanse, rinse well, and use the remaining number of pumps for your second cleanse.

A few helpful hints:

Start with soaking wet hair. When apply the cleansing conditioner, focus on your scalp first, apply in sections and use your fingers to make sure it gets to your scalp. Add in enough water to make it "bloom". I actually stick my head back underneath the shower to two seconds, that's what works for me. When you add enough water, the cleansing conditioner will emulsify and become more easily spreadable. Use your fingertips (not nails) to really massage it into your scalp and make sure you work it through the length on your hair. Remember, it doesn't lather, so you have to massage well to help make it work.

Rinse well after your first cleanse, then apply the remaining pumps and repeat. Leave this on for the remainder of your shower and rinse, rinse, then rinse again at the end. I have to use my fingers to lift my hair away from my scalp to make sure it gets thoroughly rinse.

Best of luck, let use know how you like it.

Ha! I think we posted at the same time, lol!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Super Contributor

vandyfan: lavender is for volume. I found it drying on my very fine hair. Let us know how it works for you.

You've gotten excellent suggestions from everyone. Experiment. I don't use the recommended pumps. The first few times I used WEN, I didn't like it. I read the instructions, watched the DVD. One day I just put on what I thought was enough & I've been doing that ever since. I use different WEN scents. Love the Winter Mint when it's humid & my scalp is sweaty. The Fig did amazing things for my hair, then started to dry it, so I took a break.

WEN is like a little bit of aromatherapy. Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Great advice from everyone! I just want to add that if you find Lavender isn't for you please don't give up on Wen. Many of us have found that some formulas don't work as well us personally as others. I have short fine hair and personally I don't like the Lavender but I like all of the others. I do have to take it easy with 613 and not use it too much.

I hope Lav is great for your hair but if it doesn't work for you make sure to try a discovery kit with different formulas so you don't have to keep ordering bigger bottles. I think either Cucumber Aloe, SAM, FIG or POM would work if Lav doesn't.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

Lavender didn't really work for me. I hope that you like it but if not you should just mix it with another formula that isn't so drying. I suggest that you buy one of the discovery kits to help you to decide which formula is best for your hair. A81171, A219409, A222871 or one of the two formula kits to try different formulas.

Occasional Contributor

I too find lavender to be a bit drying, but love it for volume. So, I add a pump or two of fig for moisture to my ends and top after doing all over lavender. As others have said, play with Wen a bit. It took me a couple/few weeks to figure out what works for me.