Contributor

I'm curious if anyone has tried SkinActives, and what you thought of it. They seem to be pretty opinionated on their forums about the science/what works and what doesn't. The prices are very reasonable. Also interesting, the option to buy base creams/serums and mix in the actives of your choosing. TIA!

Super Contributor

I've only looked, so sorry I can't be of much help.

There's a couple of reasons I haven't made a purchase. Somehow I couldn't either find what I was looking for there, or information that I needed, or came across a lesser price elsewhere. I found other places that are similar where I've purchased raw ingredients, finished products and a few bases (that are virtually like finished products) from and stuck with those sources because I've been happy with the products and services. But I'm open, I look occasionally and may at some point try them out.

I'm interested in hearing the others input.

Trusted Contributor

I've used some of their products and like them. I think some of the reason why they may come across as opinionated is because their founder Hannah studied under a Nobel Prize winner scientist so she really does know her stuff. If you go to their website and click on information then about us, you can read about her background as well as the company. Products that I like are their Lash & Brow serum, Anti-Age cream, UV Repair cream (Be Kind Rewind), Twilight Awakening cream, their Vitamin C serum (the kit provides 20% Vitamin C & has ferulic acid & phloretin in it) and I've used their collagen serum. I've also bought many of their actives and added them into my own creams. Many people have said their DIY kit is a great dupe for La Mer's cream but I haven't tried it and La Mer and my skin never got along well so I couldn't vouch for that. If you click on their full catalog, on page 17 you can order samples to try of various products.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

I've used quite a few SA products over the years. They are good products at a reasonable price. I haven't found anything that wow'ed me so much that I've stuck to it, although I have gone back and re-ordered a few things (with gaps of using other brands inbetween). I have found that Hannah really doesn't have much good to say about any other brand. And I have heard other skincare company owners make eye-rolling comments about her, as well. It's hard to know who to believe. Which I guess is why I keep switching brands, looking for holy grail products. So far I haven't been lucky enough to find that for myself.

Super Contributor

Every ready made product I've tried from Skin Actives has broken me out badly. I have freakishly sensitive skin, so it may be that my skin can't handle the strong actives.

Super Contributor
On 12/1/2014 UMTerpFan said:

I've used some of their products and like them. I think some of the reason why they may come across as opinionated is because their founder Hannah studied under a Nobel Prize winner scientist so she really does know her stuff. If you go to their website and click on information then about us, you can read about her background as well as the company. Products that I like are their Lash & Brow serum, Anti-Age cream, UV Repair cream (Be Kind Rewind), Twilight Awakening cream, their Vitamin C serum (the kit provides 20% Vitamin C & has ferulic acid & phloretin in it) and I've used their collagen serum. I've also bought many of their actives and added them into my own creams. Many people have said their DIY kit is a great dupe for La Mer's cream but I haven't tried it and La Mer and my skin never got along well so I couldn't vouch for that. If you click on their full catalog, on page 17 you can order samples to try of various products.

UMterpFan, if may ask, which actives have you used from there?

Did they come with formulating directions? Was c/s helpful w/ formulating questions?

How did they perform?

Out of the ones that you added to your existing creams, how did you incorporate them and was SkinActives clear about %'s and pH? The last question is one that I couldn't find much info on the website about for the ones I was interested in.

Sorry so many questions. I appreciate your input. TIA