Trusted Contributor

Anyone use any of the copper products from Loren Pickart/Skin Biology? If so, how do you like them? What improvements have you seen? TIA

Super Contributor

ES, I don't use the skin biology copper. I do use a copper peptide from ncn. Quite honestly, I'm not sure what it's doing.

I started a skin regimen at the same time. I'm seeing visible results - improved skin tone and even texture, more clarity, fewer spots, a plumper look to my face and reduction in some expression lines, reduced pore size.

What gets the credit? 2%BHA, 4% Foam BHA, Vit C+, Anti-oxidant Serum, Matrixyl Accelerator, Perricone Pore Refining Serum, Copper

I'm thinking some of the improvement is a synergistic effect. I don't plan on stopping anything.

Sorry, because I didn't really answer your question....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor
The copper peptide takes a long time of using to do any good. I've been using for at least 8 months. I think it has helped with an overall improvement to my skin, sort of a smoothness and luminosity. A hoping it's benefiting on a cellular level that I can't readily prove. HTH ETA: I also use NCN
Super Contributor

Hi Bella Carro! Smiley Happy

I've only been using the copper peptides for a month. I'm in the infancy of improvements.....

Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Hi Bella Carro! Smiley Happy

I've only been using the copper peptides for a month. I'm in the infancy of improvements.....

Gotta start somewhere! Wish I had begun with a line as good as NCN. Took me awhile to find it.
Trusted Contributor

ElvisShops, the copper peptide you want to use is the GHK 'first generation' copper peptides, not the 'second generation'.

I used two bottles of Skin Biology's Super CP Serum (the second generation version) and saw no change at all in my skin. I've read a lot on copper peptides and as near as I can tell, the second generation products he sells are merely a serum with blue dye in it. There haven't been any published studies about the efficacy of the second generation copper peptides, other than what Dr. Pickart claims, and he's selling the stuff. The GHK first generation copper peptides, however, do have decent published research from other scientists in addition to Dr. Pickart.

Skin Biology also sells GHK copper peptide products and as near as I can tell, they are the real deal. The GHK copper peptide products are expensive, though, no matter where you purchase them, so be prepared for sticker shock. He has recently come out with a 3% GHK serum and cream that I'm curious to try, but the prices are scary expensive ($145 for 50 ml). He also has a 1% GHK cream, $98 for 50ml. Ouch.

Trusted Contributor

Is the NCN product a first generation copper peptide?

Super Contributor
On 5/16/2014 ElvisShops said:

Is the NCN product a first generation copper peptide?

Just sent off this question to ncn. We should have an answer on Monday.

Super Contributor

I found this in a google search. Sweet Susie can confirm or not.

"

Sweet Susie04/26/2014 at 10:13 AM2312 PostsRegistered 5/23/2007SW Florida

Gotpaw, I just received a sample bottle of the NCN copper peptide serum and full size bottle of the Vit. C serum about a week ago. I like both serums. My skin is normal/oily T-zone and neither serum is sticky or oily. Both have nice slip and are easy to spread. I use the Vit. C in the morning and the copper peptide at night.

I was a little concerned about the sea kelp in the NCN Vit. C and copper peptide serums causing breakouts but so far, so good, no breakouts. (Iodine in marine products/food can cause breakouts in some acne-prone individuals). I like that the copper peptide serum has Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) in it to promote new cell growth.

I also am using NCN's Formula 7 (for hyperpigmentation) and that does leave my skin with a sticky feeling, too greasy to use during the day under makeup but ok at night.

The NCN copper peptide serum is the first generation of copper peptides, GHK-Cu, and that is what you want, not the second generation of copper peptides that Skin Biology sells. I went through two bottles of the SB second generation copper peptide serum and it did absolutely NOTHING for my skin. I've come to the conclusion after further research that the SB second generation copper peptide serum is basically a serum with blue dye in it (snake oil). Don't waste your money on it. From what I've read, however, the SB first generation GHK-Cu products are the real deal."

Super Contributor

I can't find a date for this but this is an announcement when nanci first started selling her own copper peptides.

<h2>New! GHK-Cu Copper Peptide Serum with EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor)</h2>

GHK CU Copper Peptide Serum with EGF

I’ve been working with a lab for months and months on my own formula of Copper Peptide and it’s available to you now. It’s a thin serum made with first generation CP’s (GHK-Cu) with EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) added to it. It’s available in a 2.5 oz. bottle and a 1/2 oz. size bottle (on the Sample Sizes page). I’m very excited to finally have it available for you.